Thursday, July 10, 2014

A card to CELEBRATE and how to keep cool with no AC!!!

Our Daily Bread Designs stamps: Pennant Swag Alphabet, ODBD dies: Pennant Swag Die, Vintage Labels and Vintage Flourish Pattern dies, designed by Grace Nywening

 Hello sweet friends!  I hope your week is going well!  It's been hot here in NC!  Yesterday we hit 94 and our AC decided to quit. Needless to say, we didn't sleep much last night!  I am however keeping cool today by working in my craft room in my basement,  since it's pretty comfortable down here.  My big 16 1/2 pound cat, Ricky, loves to follow me around all day long, so this is how He decided to keep cool today:








'

Ricky always knows how to be comfortable.  As a side note.... this is a fairly wide chair and so when I say he is a lap full, you can see why!  He's one of those cats that always wants to be with me... and if he sees me heading for a chair he'll race me to it... and then climbs in my lap.  He literally hangs over in all directions! LOL!

Anyway... on to my card for today!

Our Daily Bread Designs stamps: Pennant Swag Alphabet, ODBD dies: Pennant Swag Die, Vintage Labels and Vintage Flourish Pattern dies, designed by Grace Nywening


I made this for today's Tantalizing Texture challenge on SCS.  I used Our Daily Bread Designs July release, Pennant Swag Alphabet to spell out the letters "Celebrate" and punched them out with my circle punch.  I then die cut the Pennant Swag Die from some ODBD Blushing Rose designer paper, and adhered the letters to it.  The card base is A2, cut from Baked Brown Sugar cs, and all the designer paper is from the Blushing Rose pack.  I used 2 Cuttlebug folders, and one Ecstasy Crafts spring fun pack folder for the rose panel.  I cut the printed birthday sentiment from the Blushing Rose pack with the ODBD Custom Vintage  Label dies, and then matted that with a label from the Vintage Flourish Pattern Dies.  I added some twine and burlap, and a rolled ribbon rose for embellishments.  This card folds flat for mailing because the ribbon is so very thin... almost like nylon stockings! 

That's it for me today!  I hope you are staying cool where you are!

Blessings,  



8 comments:

Gloria Stengel said...

Love your card! And the kitty! We have a 2 yr old male named Milo who is over 15 pounds. And a 9 mo. old female named Molly who is around 5 lbs. I just purchased a small cat carrier for Molly and Milo has stuffed his big ole self into it. It's pink...and he looks hilarious. Need to try to take a photo!

JoAnn said...

Your card is gorgeous. Love the colors and design.
Cute kitty. He looks comfortable. Sorry you had AC problems. We had the same a week or so ago.

Conniecrafter said...

Oh wow your card is just gorgeous, beautiful layering, papers and design. I don't have a cat quite that big but she is the same way she will run ahead to where she thinks I may be going so she can be right there to get on my lap as soon as I sit down, she is crying to me right now wanting on my lap but she doesn't sit still when I am typing at the computer :) Hope you have your air fixed

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Grace, I am so sorry about your A/C! I see that Ricky is a smart guy in not only finding the cool spot in the house but the most comfy too! LOL! Truly, your card is gorgeous! I love each delightful detail in it...the beautiful papers and how you've used the dies and embossing, and that rose is a perfect finishing touch! Gorgeous, sweet friend! And I'm praying for a remedy to your A/C...soon!! Hugs!

Becky said...

This is gorgeous Grace. Love the design paper and what it looks so pretty when embossed. Your baby is so cute :)

Irish Cherokee said...

You have added a new dimension to your cards Grace. This is a beauty extarordinare. The vintage feel is wonderful.
Your Ricky is a beauty. Do your legs go to sleep when he lap sits? LOL.

Lucy E. said...

This is so lovely! Your cat is adorable!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a ginormous cat - he looks gorgeous - I have a smaller cat than that, but he still takes up all my lap, and it is only me that he will sit on, and he does not care if I am trying to knit or embroider....!
Love your card Grace, the way you have carried the texture challenge throughout, and the the colours of the dp is stunning.
Blessings
Maxine