Sunday, July 6, 2014

Welcome Baby!

ODBD Stamps: Pennant Alphabet, Precious Girl, designed by Grace Nywening

Hello friends!  I hope you are doing well!

I am popping in to share a sweet Baby card I made using the July release from Our Daily Bread designs.

I started with a base of Bazzill and added a layer of cute designer paper from Crate Paper called Little Bo Peep.  It's full of sweet vintage images and I fell in love with this one.  I stamped the letters  from Pennant Alphabet with Memento Ink to spell  Welcome and  Baby on the designer paper.  I cut  the pennants out with the ODBD Pennant Row Dies.  I cut two rows of scalloped pennants from some coordinating pink paper from the same pad and adhered my word pennants to the scalloped rows. I did offset my stamped flags for the baby  row so that none of the letters would be hidden by the Welcome row.  That's why you see three unstamped pennants at the top. Next time I might try doing something different, but for this one, I decided on this approach.  The sentiment is from a past release, Precious Girl and is cut out with an ODBD Custom Vintage Flourish Pattern Die.  I matted that with a Spellbinders Card Creator Eloquence die cut that I ran through a Cuttlebug Embossing folder with what reminds me of a quilt pattern.  I then cut several of the tiny flowers from the ODBD Custom Oramental Cross Dies and some leaves from the ODBD Custom Fancy Foliage Dies.  I curled up the petals and added tiny opalescent pearls to the centers.  I also cut out two of the little yellow birds from scraps of the designer paper and added them to the sentiment panel and the shabby bow I created.  

I think the sentiment from the Precious Girl set is so wonderful.  What better way to welcome a new baby than to pray for that child?  I know I prayed for mine, and my grandchildren before they were born, and I continue to pray for them.  We have been blessed with this  prayer answered for each one of them!  It's been such a blessing to watch them grow up loving the Lord and growing in their knowledge and understanding of Him and really trying to live their lives they way He wants them to live.  I also think it's important for all the extended family and church family to be praying for these little ones!  Just think of the power in all those prayers, and the covering of protection over the children who are blessed to be prayed for in this way! 

I hope you enjoyed my different and kind of vintagey card today. 

Thanks so much for stopping by and for blessing me with your comments!


7 comments:

Becky said...

Grace, what a precious baby card...I love the bright colors and you are right...the prayers for our children are very much needed at this time especially.

Stephanie said...

This is such a beautiful card and that sentiment is fantastic. You are so right about praying for our children and grandchildren. We prayed for both of ours before their birth and began praying for our grandson as soon as we knew he was on the way. What a great reminder.

Becky said...

This is beautiful Grace. Love the banners and love the design paper.

Sillyfilly said...

Grace this is amazing! I am making baby announcements for two nieces and have been looking for stamps. I know one of the babies will be a girl. I will have to use the same stamp you did. What a precious and endearing sentiment. Love it!
I love how your heart shows all over your art!
Sylvia

kiwimeskreations said...

What a sweet card Grace - and yes prayer is so powerful - and essential!
Blessings
Maxine

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Grace, this is so beautiful and creative! And I just LOVE the sentiment and so agree that prayer for these new little ones is so vital! Another beauty, my sweet friend! Hugs!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is so creative and beautiful sweet friend!! I just love the yellow banner pennants, the beautiful paper and your creative design!! Babies are such a treasure and our prayers are essential!!
hugs,
Chris