Tuesday, July 8, 2014

HUGS!

Our Daily Bread designs stamps, Pennant Alphabet Solid, ODBD dies Pennant Row Die, Aster die, Fancy Foliage dies, designed by Grace Nywening

Hello friends!  For all my American friends... I hope you had a wonderful July 4th!  It feels good to be home again after being gone this past week helping my daughter and family move to a new mini farm they bought.  It was a LOT of work and I am exhausted... having a bit of trouble getting back my groove!  I got home Sunday but had to spend yesterday putting up vegetables from the garden that seemed to ALL come in while I was gone!  Anyway... it was good to get in to my craft room and play with paper again (besides packing with it that is! LOL!)

Today's color challenge on SCS was my starting point for this card: Old Olive, Calypso Coral and Daffodil Delight.  I found this designer paper (My Mind's Eye Howdy Doody) and thought it was perfect.  I used the newly released Our Daily Bread designs Pennant Alphabet Solid stamps set, stamped the word HUGS with Old Olive ink, cut with the custom Pennant Row Die, then matted and cut the coral pennant row.  The Aster is a die set from last month's release and I cut it from various papers from the same pack.  I embossed my circle (cut with SB Petite Circles and Scalloped Circles) with a swiss dot folder.  I added some leaves from the ODBD Custom Fancy Foliage Dies.  My embellishments are little baker's twine bows made on the Bow Easy, and one crystal stick on for the flower center. 

For those who asked for simpler designs... this one went together really quickly!  I hope you'll give it a try!

Thanks so much for dropping by... and for taking the time to leave a little love!  It means so much to me!

Blessings to you all!

4 comments:

Irish Cherokee said...

You haven't lost your groove at all Grace. This card shouts summer and sunny days.

Blessings
Jim

kiwimeskreations said...

What a gorgeous card Grace - love your colours and beautiful construction.
Blessings
Maxine

Conniecrafter said...

This is just too sweet, sure to bring a smile!!
Glad you were able to get some time to play with paper instead of work with it :)

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Grace, this is fabulous! Just love the rich colors and this great layout using the asters die and the pennants! I love it!! Hugs to you...and I hope you get some rest soon...and it looks like you are already back in your "groove," sweet friend!!