Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Wish You Were Here!

ODBD stamps: Flip Flop Border, Life is Better, designed by Grace Nywening'

Hello friends!  Did you think I fell off the face of the earth?  I'm so sorry I have neglected my blog for a couple weeks but I have been busy with a number of different things going on, and also, I've been working on the upcoming August release at Our Daily Bread designs!  So today I am sharing a sneak peek with you of just one of many varied and different sets coming out  Aug. 1.

For this card I wanted to play along with this week's Shining the Light Challenge, which is sponging, so I sponged on white card stock with pastel chalks and created my background. I spritzed the whole thing with Pearl Glimmer Mist, which not only gives a great shimmer, but also seals the pastels. The fence is a double stacking of the ODBD Custom Fence die, sponged,  and the Flip Flop Border (from one of the new sets called Life is Better) was stamped with Archival ink, colored with colored pencils, and blended with odor free mineral spirits.  I cut it out with the new ODBD Custom Flip Flop Border and "hung" the flip flops on my fence.  The sentiment is from another fun set, Flip Flop Fun. The little kites are simply cut out from some designer paper I had (Websters Pages Sunday Picnic Pack), and I cut a few very thin whisps of green paper for some grass by the fence. I added some iridescent bling to the flip flops and called it done.   Very clean, simple and quick, but very fun. 

I hope you enjoyed this little sneak peek and are looking forward to the release!  We hope to see you on the "beach" on Aug first!

Before I go I wanted to mention that ODBD is having a big sale this week!

Our Daily Bread Designs Sale Items of the Week - Flower/Garden Stamps and Custom Dies


Our Daily Bread Designs has some new sale of the week items to feature for you today! From now through Saturday, August 2, 2014 11:00PM EDT, you can *save 20% on the stamps found in our Flowers and Garden section and on the ODBD Custom Flowers and Garden Dies, when you use code Flower20(Sorry, no rain checks, offer is for our retail customers only.)

Click here to shop the website, or call our Toll Free Number 1-877-451-4909, to place your order.

When ordering from the website, be sure to add the code Flower20 to the DISCOUNT CODE area in the shopping cart and then click APPLY CODE.  If ordering over the phone, please mention code Flower20.






Today's Blessing from the Word:
2 Chronicles 30:9 ESV
"The Lord your God is gracious and merciful and will not turn away His face from you."
Thank you Lord!

Blessings,

7 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh what a sweet and beautiful card Grace!! I just love the cute scene with the kites, colorful flip flops, and beautifully sponged sky!! Thanks for sharing your talent and supporting the challenge this week my friend!! I so appreciate you!!
HUGS!
Chris
TTYS!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Grace! This is absolutely darling with the sweet little flip-flops colored so sweetly and with the little pearls...all along your wonderfully sponged fence (I just love this die!). And I love your kites flying in your beautiful sky and even the grass you ingeniously added! Wow, what a wonderful card, and the sentiment is perfect!! Really makes me want to be there with you!! Thanks for joining in with us this week for the ODBD Shining the Light challenge, and I'm also so glad to read your post...missed you. But I know when it's busy, you just have to catch up...glad you did!! Hugs, my sweet friend!!

Irish Cherokee said...

Great project Grace. Love the different color flip flops lining the fence. Really novel. loving this card.

Jim

Stephanie said...

What a beautiful card, Grace! I really like the flip flops hanging from the fence. This is such a great stamp/die set!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fun card Grace - so vibrant too. It reminds me of the Bra fence here in New Zealand!
Blessings
Maxine

Linda Carson said...

I adore this delightful beauty Grace! It's so fun in colorful flip flops to flying kites! Your sponging is awesome too! Wish I could make a sky like yours! It's so real looking! Thanks for supporting the CT!

SarahGeorge said...

A very cute card Grace :) Beautiful colourful flip flops :)