Sunday, October 31, 2010

Think on these things!

Think-on-these-things

Happy Sunday everyone! With Sunday comes another Stampin Sisters in Christ Challenge! Today our hostess is my dear friend and Layers of Color DT Sister, Linda Lucas. The Scripture Linda has chosen for this week is:

Philipians 4:8 "Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."

I love this verse! The Bible is so full of really practical instruction! We all have just so many hours in a day and we make choices every day how we're going to use those hours and days. I think we all know people who just seem to always focus on the negative... and for the most part they are just miserable most of the time, and can be miserable to be with too! Lol! Then there are other people in our lives who may suffer terribly with pain or other issues, yet their attitudes are so positive and it's uplifting just to be with them! I think at the heart of this difference is what we choose to focus our thoughts on. The Bible says that as a man thinks in his heart, so is he, and that's so true! It's hard sometimes not to get wrapped up in all the bad stuff going on around us, and it's hard not to focus on our own selves much of the time, but when we think about God and all He has done for us... when we focus our minds on things that are of eternal value, that really matters in life, and think of the good things.... not only are we more pleasant for others to be around, but we are happier and more effective ourselves!

Linda's challenge this week is:
Make either an all white or an all cream card, a monochrome in pure tones.

Let me just say this challenge about killed me!!! LOL! I really struggled with this one! I used Gina K Pure Luxury White and Ivory for my monochrome colors. My tag is a sneak peek at the Nov 1 release from Our Daily Bread designs.... be sure to do the hop tomorrow because the prizes are GREAT and you just might win! Anyway.... the holly tag is from one of the new sets as is the die cut that perfectly cut it out! I embossed in gold and added a sentiment from the ODBD set Peace and Joy. I also stamped the large and small snowflakes from that set, embossing the small one with gold and cutting it out with the die cut custom made for that set and layering it on a Spellbinder's Create a Flake Set. For my mat layer, I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder from the Winter Wonderland bundle and then embossed the pattern in white. I stamped the large snowflake from Peace and Joy in the upper right corner and embossed in white. I also used a VersaMark pen to add dots of white embossing all over the mat. Somehow I liked the contrast of the pure white on the ivory. I figured a little gold fiber couldn't hurt much and added a white May Arts ribbon. Like I said... this one was hard!!! In the end, I actually like how it came out, though I cannot get a photo that does it justice! LOL!

Our Sponsor this week is Simon Says Stamp! We want to thank them for their continued support of Stampin Sisters in Christ! Check out their store for the best selection of stamps!

For more inspiration, please visit my dt sisters:

Chris, Linda, Peggysue, Randi, Meisje, Rebecca, Lisa, Patti and Cindy

For the full devotional and challenge details please visit the Stampin Sisters in Christ Challenge.

I am entering this in the following challenges:
Our Daily Bread desgins Shining the Light - punches & Dies, Texture it
Hodge Podge Shop - Monochromatic
No Time to Stamp - CAS
A Spoon Full of Sugar - Let's Get Punchy/Dies
Simon Says Stamp - Punch Em/ Dies
Stamp With Sarah Kay - Christmas
Paper Take Weekly - Sparkly and Bright
I Did It Creations - Open week
Crafty Purple Frog - Anything Goes
Random Amusing - Pop Up Your Sentiment
Tuesday Throwdown- Use the sentiment as main focus
Fussy and Fancy: Winter Wonderland
Creative Cottage: Embossing
OCC: Inspiration Challenge (right) whites, creams,

21 comments:

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Grace - this is beautiful! You made me laugh - I found it challegening as well- not using any colour, but it is amazing what you can do when the challenge is there!! I love this card you details are fabulous! Your words are such a truth Grace, thank you for your art and your heart! {{{hugs}}}

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What beautiful words my friend and an exquisite card. I so love all the snowflakes and the embossing. Every detail is stunning and elegant. Love it!
hugs,
Chris

Miesje said...

Oh Grace, I love what you shared - that was just what I needed to read this morning! Thank you! I love that card! Have a wonderful week!

Becky said...

Grace it does not look like you had any trouble coming up with this fabulous card. It is just stunning with the embossing and those snow flakes. Now I have to get it! :)

Patti J said...

Gorgeous card, my friend! Goodness, it sure doesn't look like you struggled with this challenge! I gasped out loud when I saw it - DH thought something was wrong! Beautifully done! Thanks for your wonderful words this morning as well...hugs!

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

A pure and lovely post, Grace! Your artwork is fresh and pretty as new fallen snow.

tiggertastic said...

This card screams luxury, amazing work and so sophisticated

Sarah-Louise xx
Tiggertastic blog
(CPF - DT) & (CCC - DT)

Autumn Mist said...

Just passing through but wanted to stop and say what a beautiful card, and that I totally agree with your comments on one of my favourite scriptures.

Linda said...

Very beautiful card, thank for joining us at Hodge Podge Shop Challenge.
hugs Linda

kaos said...

This is such a gorgeous card - I love it!


Thanks for sharing with us at The Crafty Purple Frog Challenge!
kaos

Riet said...

What a wonderful card Grace.

Hugs Riet.x

Glenda J said...

Absolutely beautiful Grace! Love the embossing - so elegant. Thanks for playing along with my Random Amusing Challenge.

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!! SOOOOO BEAUTIFUL!!!! I LOVE the gold and silver together!!!! VERY ELEGANT!!!!

Becky Green

Jessica L said...

Wow! This card is absolutely stunning! I never would have guessed you had a difficult time with this card! I love those colors together. They look so elegant! Thanks for sharing your talent with us this week at The Hodge Podge Shop. Hope to see you again soon!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

A wonderful verse, a beautiful interpretation and an exquisite work of art you have created, Grace! What a wonderful challenge Linda designed and your card hit it perfectly. It's also a great take on our photo inspiration challenge. So happy you could join in the fun with us this week at Our Creative Corner!

Ms. Jen said...

Simply gorgeous! I really love your embossing. Thanks for joining us at the Hodge Podge Shop this week!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Grace, oh my word, I am blown away by this BEAUTY!!! So much elegane...amazing!! Thanks for playing along in this weeks Shining the Light Challenge, your support is so appreciated!!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrin

Heather said...

Such a beautiful card Grace, classic and elegant!! Wonderful tag and fantastic stamping.

Thanks so much for joining us in the Simon Says Stamp challenge.
hugs Heather xx

Jayne Hayward said...

Love the gold and the white. Lovely dp too.

Thanks for joining in with us over on our very first challenge on TCPF

Jayne xx

Anne H. said...

Such a lovely Christmas-card!
Beautiful colors and I love your the embossing.
Thanks for joining us this week at Stampavie and More.
Anne :)

Sue said...

Hi Grace
a stunning card, luv the embossing, beautiful design, thank you for joining us at The Creative Cottage this week, hope to see you next time, sue,x