Sunday, October 24, 2010

SSIC Missing You

Happy Sunday everyone! With Sunday comes another Stampin Sisters in Christ Challenge! Today our hostess is my dear friend Chris. Chris has chosen what I have shared before is one of my life verses: Ps. 73:26

"My health may fail, My spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; He is mine forever."

Chris is challenging us to use a pink ribbon and predominantly pink on our card in honor of October being breast cancer awareness month.

I think we all have been touched in some way by this terrible disease. I am dedicating this to my own sister who died at 44 with cancer, and many of you have lost loved ones way sooner than seemed right. It's hard to understand the whys of things like this, but I know for myself, God gave me this verse many years ago when I was first dealing with some health problems. I ran to God's Word for answers, comfort and direction, and of course I prayed, and prayed a lot. The answer was not the one I was hoping to hear, but God was so gracious to me, and answered me much like He did Paul, when he asked three times for healing. God's answer was "my grace is sufficient for you". I have found that to be true in my own life as well! This verse reminded me that while we all think our health is about the most important thing in our lives.... still, our earthly lives here are like a vapor compared to eternity and what we have waiting for us! I had to learn to yield my anxiety about my health.... what was the worst that could happen to me? I might die? But Paul tells us that for me to live is to live for Christ, but to die... that's gain! So what do I have to fear? God has comforted me and taught me that He has a plan and loves me dearly, and that even if ill or in pain, He still can use me. When ever He calls me to heaven, that pain and illness will forever be forgotten and my entire focus will be on Christ, The One who died for me and is mine forever! I do hope you have this assurance and the joy, freedom from anxiety and hope that it gives!

My card is made with this month's Our Daily Bread designs new release "Missing You". It's such a pretty image and I water colored this one, cutting it with a Spellbinder's Label 17 and embossing it. I used the out of the box technique for the bird house. This new Prima paper is so luscious I didn't want to cover it up so I used my craft blade and cut a few whisps of the design to extend over my design instead of being buried behind it. My sentiment is stamped on a scrap of white and I used an EK Success corner punch to punch the pennant end. I added some shimmer with a clear glitter pen and also highlighted with a white Sharpie paint pen. A little Glimmer Mist and it's ready to go.

Card Details: Stamps: Our Daily Bread designs Missing You Ink: Archival Jet Black Paper: Aquarella 140 lb water color paper, SU! Regal Rose base, Textured GTD by Momenta, DP is Prima Fairy Flora and Annalee Accessories: EK Success corner punch to punch the end of the pennant, Grossgrain ribbon from Michaels, Button from stash, Dragonfly Brad from HL, SU! Markers for coloring, Glimmer Mist in Irredescent Gold.

Our Sponsor this week is The Lolly Pop Shop! Be sure to check out the Stampin Sisters in Christ blog post for all the details and thanks to Lori Boyd for her generous donation!


For more inspiration, please visit my dt sisters:

Chris, Linda, Peggysue, Randi, Meisje, Rebecca, Lisa, Patti and Cindy

For the full devotional and challenge details please visit the Stampin Sisters in Christ Challenge.

I am entering this in the following challenges:
ABC Challenge - F is for flowers
Tuesday Throwdown- Anything goes
Paper Cutz - Anything Goes
Tip Top Tuesday - Anything Goes
Meljjen's Designs- anything goes
Stampin Royalty - Ribbons
Craftalicious - Anything Goes
One Stitch At A Time - Embellish It
One Stop Craft Challenge - Inspiration Challenge photo (I used the colors)
Mark's Finest Papers (6 month anniversary!) Use die cuts of punches (I used both)
Thanks for stopping by today and for your sweet comments. Have a blessed week!!

27 comments:

Becky said...

This is beautiful Grace, love how you brought in the design paper onto the main image. Wonderful insight on the devotional this morning.
Have a great week. {hugs} :)

Miesje said...

Wow Grace, another absolutely stunning card and reflection. The colors in your card are beautiful! Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

This is a lovely card! Gorgeous image.
Thanks for playing with Stamping Royalty this week
Gardenia

Crystal said...

So very beautiful Grace, I LOVE the sentiment and how you did the ribbon in the corner..Your paper and image is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! Gorgeous card sweetie!

Vicki Dutcher said...

So nice, bright and pretty~ Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

peggysue said...

Your words were refreshment for my soul this morning, thank you! And such a lovely creation! I think I missed last week, life has been so crazy, but we hold onto the rock that never fails! Beautiful work, may you enjoy a blessed week.

Cindy Coutts Designs said...

Grace, such a beautiful card and I enjoyed reading your words as well. Have a very blessed week and many hugs to you.

Traci S. said...

Dear Grace,

What beautiful thoughts you shared with us. I can not imagine feeling no pain or sorrow. Then, I don't need to imagine it...for it will be a reality when Our Father calls me home!

I love the summery colors for this image! I have only seen it in autumn colors, I believe. It comes "to life" so beautifully with your wonderful summer tone water color painting! I love the Prisma paper! It is delightful and yummy. I have ended hanging some of my favorite pieces of dp on my walls in my art room. Some of them are beautiful enough on their own!

Thank you so much for sharing this alternative look to this stamp! It is cheerful this way!

He IS Able,
Traci S.

Lori said...

This is beautiful, Grace. Takes my breath away. Especially with the uplifting music of your blog. Thanks for making my day friend.

Riet said...

So beautiful card Grace,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

The Mama Monkey said...

This is gorgeous, Grace! Those flowers seem to pop right off the page!

velta said...

Your card is stunning Grace!!! However, you story is magnificent...and one I will remember. Thank you for sharing it!!!

Blessings to you and yours!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is so gorgeous!! I so love your dp and how you brought it into your image panel!! Beautiful design my friend and such a well written and encouraging post. Miss you girl!!
hugs,
Chris

Patty Sue 2 said...

This is so beautiful a wonderful tribute to your sister. It is such a blessing to be held in the shelter of the Lord.

Mickie said...

Grace this is just beautiful as are your words. Thanks so much for the prayers.

redwasher1 said...

This is fabulous!!! Great coloring!!
Thanks for joining us at Speedy's Friends.

Lynn McAuley said...

I love this beautiful card!

Thank you, Grace, for sharing this wonderful die cut design with the Friends of Speedy the Cat in this week's challenge!

Heidi said...

Gorgeous card. I love the realistic lookin flowers. Thanks for playing the ABC F is for flowers challenge!

kelly said...

Lovely image , Grace. The colours look really lovely too.

Kelly

Anita said...

This is a lovely card and your coloring is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Meljen's Designs this week.

Silke Ledlow said...

Grace, I'm sorry to hear you lost your sister to breast cancer! The card you made in her honor is gorgeous! She would have loved it oo :) !!! Hugs ~S

Newbie said...

Beautiful card, Grace! Gorgeous colors and coloring!! Looks so real. Everything about it is fabulous! REALLY enjoyed reading your words, and love the verse!!!
Live blessed, because YOU ARE!!

Traci M said...

Grace, your card is lovely, the mix of paper and watercoloring, plus I love the whimsical button added to your bow! I can relate to your words of anxiety and prayer over health issues, what an encouragement your words are!! Thanks for sharing your beautiful cards!!

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Grace - what a gorgeous scene you have created here! I love that beautifully coloured image and the perfect pink bow! Your words touch the heart Grace and I pray for blessings for you and your familt!! You are a special lady my friend! {{{hugs}}}

Nicki Olsen said...

Wow Grace!I love the colors,the paper,and the image!I love!Awesome job!
Nicki

Anonymous said...

Hey Grace,what a gorgeous scene you
have created here! I love that
beautifully colored image and the
perfect pink bow!Thanks for sharing your beautiful cards!!The mix of paper and watercoloring, plus I love the whimsical button added to your bow!The image is awsome!!!!!!
HUGS
MEGHAN

Anonymous said...

what a gorgeous scene you have created here! I love that beautifully colored image and the perfect pink
bow!the mix of paper and watercoloring, plus I love the whimsical button added to your bow! love the verse!!!I'm sorry to hear you lost your sister to breast cancer!
your coloring is beautiful. Lovely image!I love the realistic lookin flowers.Hugs,Meghan