Monday, October 4, 2010

Sweet Friend

Happy Monday everyone! I hope you all had a great weekend!

Today I decided to just play. A sweet friend, Dawn gave me this gorgeous Flourishes set a couple weeks ago and I wanted to try my hand at it. I decided it would work for the Midnight Madness Sketch this week, so used that as my starting point. I can't say I'm thrilled with my first attempt at coloring this because I don't have all the right Copics to give it a little green or yellow contrast, so I used Prisma Pencils but the pic isn't showing all the highlighting that is there. I love this set and just wanted to thank her for it! Now I need lessons in how to color it! LOL!

I used a Bazzill base, BasicGrey dp (Indian Summer) and Gina K Pure Luxury layering weight white, and stamped the image on X-ress-it. LOVE that paper! I embossed with Cassie's Brocade CB EF. I added some stickles to the flowers and some May Arts twine. I cut a section of another stamped image out and added that to the tag. I did a little paper piercing around the edges. This is a big image so there was not a lot of room for anything else! LOL!

I am entering this in the following challenges:
Incy Wincy - Glitter/Stickles
Polycraft Monday Challenge - Anything Goes
Stamps R Us Challenge - All Nature
Creative Card Crew - Bloomin' Marvelous
Tuesday Throwdown - Punches (My tag is a punch even though you can't see the top!)
Sweet Stampin' Challenge - Punch it Out (Tag)
Stamptacular - Layer It On
Paper Sundaes #38 - something from your stash (Used Scraps for the sketch and twine)
Stamp, Scrap &Doodle - Anything goes
Catch The Bug - Anything goes .
Glitterbabes - Embossing


Thanks for looking! Have a blessed week!

30 comments:

Min said...

What a fabulous card!!
Thanks so much for playing with us this week for the Bugaboo/Catch The Bug WCMD Challenge.
Hugs!
~M

Becky said...

I love this stamp and you did fabulous with it.

Connie M. said...

This is just so wonderful, Grace!! LOVE how you colored this wonderful image!! Those apples look sooo real!! Thanks so much for playing this week in the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge!! Hugs, my friend!!

Connie
MMDT

Traci S. said...

Hi Grace~

Aren't we our hardest critics some times? This card is great. I love all of the layers. And, the blossons alone would make a fabulous card. I really LOVE this set! I love the shading on the leaves. And, those apples, look good enough for picking, I'll agree to that...and I have picked a bunch of apples in my years!

He IS Able,
Traci S.

Stef H said...

wow grace! this is absolutely gorgeous!! gor-g-us!!!

thank you so much for joining us at glitterbabe's challenge.

hugs :)

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Absolutely gorgeous as always Grace!!!

Patty Sue 2 said...

This card is beautiful. I love the image and you have colored it to perfection. Such nice papers to set it off.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Your cards are always so wonderful- this one is no exception! Gorgeous coloring too. Thanks for joining the Stamps R Us challenge!

Dawn B. said...

Grace this is gorgeous.. I love the way you colored your apples.. The addition of the tag is perfect. I always forget to do that.. So happy you are enjoying this set. It is one of my favs.. Great job.

marsha said...

Grace, another elegant creation! I just love all the layers, the embossing and the rich vibrant colors! Thanks for joining us again this week for the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge, we appreciate your support and hope you will play along with us again next week!
Hugs,
Marsha
MMDT-GD

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

WOW, your coloring is just amazing!! Your apples look real and I love the paper piercing around the image!! Gorgeous card.

Thanks for joining us this week and "using your stash" at Paper Sundae's.

Hugs,
Wendy

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

Oo, this is one of my favorite cards! Delicious, Grace! I love the touches of red paper and string, perfect!

Cheryl Walker said...

Awww Grace your card is Beautiful hun!!! I love it, and the stamps you used!!!
Hugs,
Cheryl

Cherie said...

Hi Grace, Absolutely stunning, amazing colouring so real.
Thank you for playing along with Creative Card Crew,
hugs cherie

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is just so wonderful, Grace!! LOVE how you colored this wonderful image!! Those apples look sooo real!! meghan

Jennie said...

Beautiful design Grace... Love the layers, embossing and your coloring is gorgeous!!!

Gina said...

Beautiful image and sentiment Grace! Thank you for sharing it with us at Glitterbabes Challenge XXX

Gale said...

This card is beautiful! I love these sweet flowers with these lovely apples. Makes me think I want to go apple picking!
Please go check out my blog as I have a little blog award for you and your lovely site.

jimlynn said...

Gorgeous! Looks good enough to eat. So pretty.
Lynn

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

Your coloring is amazing! Thanks for sharing at Glitterbabes!

Gina Lindsay said...

Very pretty and beautiful coloring on that fruit!

Shana said...

Fabulous shading, piercing, and beautiful embossing. Thank you for joining us at Paper Sundaes - we hope to see you again next week!

Lindsey said...

Great card! Love the splash of red on those apples. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week x

Unknown said...

I love the card. Great color combinations.

Karita said...

How delicious looking card! :)Your coloring is fanstastic! Apples looks so real. And so many great details and layers too.

Thank you for joining us at SSC and hope to see you again :)

Hugs,
Karita

Stacy Morgan said...

beautiful! Oh I love the layout and your coloring. Just beautiful.

Rae Anne said...

Beautiful coloring/shading - The bright red apples just pop off that white embossed panel! Thanks so much for participating in Catch the Bug's World Card Making Day / Anything Goes challenge with Bugaboo Stamps! :D MWAH!

Carolyn said...

This is fabulous. I just love how you stamped the flowers again and added them for the bow. Thanks so much for sharing such a fabulous creation with us for our Layer It On Challenge at SSC.
Hugs xx
Carolyn

France Ringuette said...

Lovely ! Thanks for playing in our Paper Sundaes Challenge!

Marilyn said...

Lovely card. Thanks for playing along at Stamps R Us.
Love your blog music by the way.