Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Sneak Peek Poinsettia Tag

SC304-poinsettia-tag-sneak
Hello everyone!
Today I'm so excited to be sharing a sneak peek with your of one of the fantastic new sets to be released Nov 1 by Our Daily Bread designs! This is the Poinsettia Tag set and also the Die Cut custom made for these tags (oops, did I spill the beans with that little plural? LOL) Anyway... the dies are a wonderful way to make a tedious job short! I plan on making ALL my tags this Christmas, and as you can see, I made this card using a tag for the focal point. I was going for a tag within a tag look for this one. I used today's SCS Sketch challenge and it just kind of developed as I went. Ever have that happen?

My tag is stamped with Memento and colored with Copics, and I did stamp a second so I could cut out and pop up some of the poinsettia petals. I highlighted with a Spica yellow pen for the centers and a gold gel pen for the vines. I matted my tag and mounted inside a Nellies Multi Scalloped frame. The embossed panel is Sizzix Sugar and sponged with T Holtz Fired Brick. I added an EK Success bracket punched piece to create the effect of the outter envelope, some sheer olive ribbon and pearls from ACMoore. The base is Bazzill and the DP is BasicGrey Jovial.

Hope you enjoyed the sneak peek! Be sure to be back Nov. 1 for the ODBD New Release Blog Hop!

I am adding this to the following challenges:


Speedy The Cat's Friends - Die Cut or Punch
Paper Garden - Holiday
The Crafty Pad - Christmas
Frosted Designs: Diecuts
The Ribbon Girl - Red and Green
Top Tip Tuesday - Anything Goes
All Sorts- Spots and Stripes
Delightful Challenges-Christmas
OSAAT - All Celebrations (Christmas)
Other Lovelies/Thoughtful Thursdays - 'H' is for Happy Holidays!
Papertake Weekly- sparkly and bright
A Spoon full of Sugar- die cuts or punching
Craft Your Passion Add Glitter & Sparkles (Spica glitter pen and gold glitter pen)

23 comments:

The Mama Monkey said...

Gorgeous Grace!! Love the colors!

Joanne Travis said...

So very lovely, Grace!

Crystal said...

This is is BEAUTIFUL Grace I LOVE this paper and that TAG is BEAUTIFUL!!!

sallysbitz2 said...

This is a gorgeous card and perfect colours xx

Debbie (Little Gingham Bear) said...

Beautiful card - thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week
Hugs Deb xx

Ribbon Girl said...

This is lovely, fab papers!
Thanks for joining in with the colour challenge at The Ribbon Girl blog

Patty Sue 2 said...

This is a beautiful card. I can't wait to see the new release(s)! This card reminds me of a beautiful quilt my mom made just before she went home to the Lord.

Virgo5 said...

Love the tag in tag, looks great!
Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

Vicki Dutcher said...

What a rich & beautiful card! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

Jennie said...

Oh, lovely design Grace! I like how you did the SCS sketch. I worked on one this evening but by the time I was finished it no longer followed the sketch, will have to try again, lol!

Lynn McAuley said...

What a gorgeous holiday creation, Grace!!

Thank you so much for sharing it with the Friends of Speedy the Cat in this week's die cut/punch challenge!!

all the days of our life said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous card. Thanks for playing with us at Frosted Designs.

Suzanne said...

Very pretty! Thanks for playing along with other lovelies thoughtful thursdays challenge!

Kristine said...

THis is beautiful Grace! I just love that Jovial paper pack and your tag is so cute and perfect for Christmas =0) Hope all is well. x

uksharon said...

Colourful bright card.
Thanks for joining us at OSSAT challenge this week.
Best wishes, Sharon

Barb Craft said...

I love, love, love the layers and the papers you used for it!! Beautiful card!! Thanks for taking on our die cut challenge at Frosted Designs this week!
barb :)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Grace!! I just love your take on the sketch and the papers you used. Stunning design gf!!
hugs,
Chris

Amber said...

Wowzers! What a fabulous card! Love it. Thanks for playing along at Paper Garden Projects!
Hugs
Amber

velta said...

What a perfect way to showcase these lovely creations!!! So beautiful :)

Traci S. said...

Dear Grace~

This is so bright and colorful! I love it! I love how many layers you have on this, and how they are all different prints. I need to save this as a sample of laying for me!

I love the poinsettia. It looks wonderful on that tag! Who ever receives this for the Holidays, is going to be a Happy Camper!

He IS Able,
Traci S.

Cassie said...

This is so pretty!

Cathy at Paper Garden Projects said...

Just beautiful - I love how you layed out all the different papers. Lovely!

Thanks for playing along with the Paper Garden Projects challenge!

Dawn B. said...

This is beautiful Grace. Don't you just love this paper. It is some of my favorite BG paper. Your layers are so pretty and highlight your image really well. Great job.