Saturday, May 30, 2009

Charlie Horse is Praying for You


Hello everyone! Happy Saturday! I have been having crazy busy days lately but I did want to play the Weekend Color Challenge over at PCP. Lisa Lara chose the colors this week... Pumpkin Pie, Pixie Pink and Summer Sun, gold as an option, and neutrals of black/and or white.

I needed the push to use the brighter colors as I don't tend to go that direction so this was a challenge for me, but what fun colors to work with!

I stamped Charlie Horse (From the Clear Dollar Set: Charlie Praying) with Archival Jet Black and colored him with Copics. I used E31 and E57. I then masked him and stamped the "Pickett Fence", also CDS and sponged a little grass. I cut that out and mounted it on the unknown dp that was perfect for these colors. The rest was just figuring out a layout, cutting rectangles with my Nesties, and stamping the sentiment which I cut with my Nesties too.

I ran the pumpkin pie layer through the cuttlebug for the flowers embossing, punched several flowers and added some stickles and bling. Easy and done... just what I needed today for a busy weekend.

I hope you have a blessed weekend! Thanks as always for stopping by!

21 comments:

Cassie said...

What a sweet, sweet card, Grace! You made Charlie work with these colors so well ;D

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Grace,l love the image and papers.
So gorgeous colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Stephanie said...

Great layout, Grace! Love the embossed pumpkin pie layer :)

Stacy Morgan said...

How sweet! Grace Charlie looks darling. I like that you added flowers to the fence, wonderful scene.

Lisa Lara said...

Very sweet Grace. I love your layout. The flowers are soo pretty. I love the flowers on the fence and how you used the colors.

Jennifer said...

OOOH, that is so sweet. Love that little horsie. Great job using those bright colors. Love your entire card!
PTL,
Jennifer

somethingcraftybydottie said...

Hi Grace:
I just love Charlie Horse, Melissa over at http://keepsakesbymelissa@blogspot.com did a charlie the horse card also I just love this little guy he is just too cute and your Charlie is praying how sweet. Have a wonderful and safe weekend.
~ God Bless ~
Hugs :o)
♥ ♥ ♥
Dottie

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Adorable!! Love your little spray of flowers against that floral embossed bg Grace!! And praying Charlie is just the sweetest. Love the fence in the bg!! Darling card!

peggysue said...

That little fence is so cute. Nice job with the embossing and the bling! And isn't it true that now you've been nudged to use brighter colors that you'll pull them out more often for a time now! Very nice job.

Laurie Wilson said...

This is so so SO sweet! Wow, these colors are so beautiful together and your design is just perfect! love the daisys and butterfly, the coloring... just all of it!

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

This is so sweet Grace! Sorry I haven't been visiting your blog as I should, just had another very busy week. All of your creations are wonderful. Love what you have done with each one. Take care and God bless.
Hugs1

Gina Lindsay said...

I love the flowers on the fence! This is a great card, I love the colors and all the flowers and Charlie Horse is always so much fun.

The Mama Monkey said...

OK Grace, did you just change your blog?? It looks great!!

Love your card! The detail is amazing and I love that butterfly at the bottom!

Shawne said...

How beautiful, Love the fence background, just amazing color challenge card!

Becky said...

I just love this card :), this is one of the stamps on my list :). I love the bright and bold colors, and how you designed this, it is just awesome.

Dawn B. said...

This turned out great Grace. You did a super job. I have one more busy week and then I should have more time to catch up. This is a terrific addition to the color challenge for the weekend.

Kathy Jones said...

Oh Grace - this is just gorgeous!!!

Judy Rozema said...

A darling little Charlie card! I love it!

Betty Wright said...

Grace, this is so cute!!!! Great colors and I love the flowers!!!

Kevin Renz said...

Grace,
How sweet is this card. Love how you used Praying Charlie with these colors.

Angella D. Crockett said...

This card is sooooo awesome! I love every little thing about it!!!