Sunday, January 12, 2014

Happy Birthday Grandson!


 Hello friends!  I hope you are enjoying a relaxing and refreshing weekend!  Today is a special day in our family... it's the day God gave us the gift of our first grandchild, Nathan, 16 years ago!  Nathan is one of the greatest joys in our lives, and we love him so much!  I made this card for him, because he and his dad have been rebuilding a 1949 GMC Pickup together for the past year or so.  It's really coming along nicely, but it has been a HUGE job!  It's been a great experience for them though... working together to restore something that will be extremely special when it's done!  

I couldn't find a stamp or digi on the fly that looked like their truck, so I found this free public photo on line, converted it to black and white (mainly because my color printer can't seem to get colors anywhere near right)!  I then used a Darice embossing folder on both my blue and white panels, matted with black, and stamped the multi-word sentiment that's from an older Anna Griffin set where each word is separate and therefore allows many different special relationships to be stamped.  

For those of you who are familiar with Duck Dynasty, you'll also "get" the inside sentiment.... the Happy! Happy! Happy! I had to do that since Nathan is also a big fan of that show.  

Here is the inside, also computer generated in Publisher:



 I thought you might enjoy seeing their truck in progress. These pictures were taken at Christmas, not really with the intention of showing the truck, but rather a
"hunt" Nathan had for one of his presents.  I know the truck still doesn't look very together, but believe me, they have come a LONG way!  At least  the cab  is on the frame now!
  As you can see, it's been sanded and primed, inside has been painted, and the doors are being primed after repair.  



The whole family had more fun this Christmas giving both Nathan and his Dad various parts for the completion of the truck.  This is the new grill!  (sorry about the blurry shot)


Happy Birthday Nathan!!!  We love you and are so proud of you!!!  Now we'll be praying for your driver's test tomorrow!!!  

Thank you all for stopping by!  My blog candy has been shipped to my next chosen recipient... Maxine!  Stay tuned as I will be doing it again... choosing at an unannounced time from my faithful commenters, and gifting them with some of the overflow of blessings I have and want to share!

Thank you too to all who sent messages, cards and prayers during the illness and loss of my Mother In Law.  We will miss her, but we don't grieve as those who have no hope!  This is the beginning for her.... not the end! 

7 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Grace, what a fabulous card for Nathan! He will love it...and it is wonderful,to see the fabulous photos of their restoration! Yes, your MIL is just beginning...praise God! Warm and tender hugs, precious friend!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a wonderful card Grace!! I so loved the back story!!
The photos are great, especially the smiles on the men's faces with the grill in their hands!
Yes it is hard to loose a family member, but as you say, we do not grieve without hope.
Blessings
Maxine

JoAnn said...

What a special card. I'm sure your grandson will love it. Thanks for sharing the photos.

Lenoria said...

I hope he had a wonderful birthday! This truck will be such a memorable event for him and something he can always look back on and cherish all the good times and shared memories that went into it. It is something not many 16 year olds can say they did with their Dad.

Conniecrafter said...

Love it, so great when you can personalize a card so much, that is so neat that they get to share that love together and how fun to get them parts for Christmas. I love the embossing folder goes great with the picture you found :)

Gretchen Wilson said...

How cool is this card for his 16th birthday. I love it and the way you found just the right truck for the job and a job well done by you. Congratulations and a Happy Birthday to Nathan>

SarahGeorge said...

What lovely personalised card! I'm sure your grandson would've loved it :)