Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Lavender is definitely going to be in my herb garden!


Hello my friends!!! I hope you are all doing well!!!

Thank you so much for stopping by today!  I have a card to share with you today, made with the February set "Lavender" from Our Daily Bread designs.  I am entering it in this week's Color Throwdown Challenge.  Wanda is the hostess this week and she chose Black, Crumb Cake, Wisteria Wonder, Garden Green and Almost Amethyst.  Yum!


I am just in love with Lavender!  It has so many wonderful properties and can be used for so many things!  I have decided to grow it in my herb garden next year!  I can't wait!!!

  I stamped  the gorgeous lavender image with Black Memento ink and colored with Copics, then cut with the ODBD Custom Antique Labels and border die.  I sponged antique linen on the edges and around the image to vintage it up a bit.  I cut the ODBD Custom Quatrefoil Pattern die from Perfect Plum card stock(the closest I have to wisteria wonder), and using a Spellbinders A2 Bracket Border, I cut the right side of some Prima Meadow Lark paper.  That was mounted on a Crumb Cake base.  The little lace, stick pin, medallion and pearls finished it off.  I am trying to make a bunch of cards for the rack at church that do not have a specific sentiments or occasions on them so they can be used for any occasion or just notes of encouragement as needed.... so this should work for that. 

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a blessed week!!!

11 comments:

Patti J said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Grace! Don't you just adore those colors? Thanks for sharing!!!

CherylQuilts said...

Beautiful, Grace! Just love this Lavender set! You are so creative...makes me so inspired! Hugs, sweet friend!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Grace!! I just love all the lavender and rich purple along with the quatrefoil pattern on your creation!! Stunning as always my friend!!
hugs,
Chris

Wanda Cullen said...

Wow, this is gorgeous, Grace! Love the vintage look with the lace and sponging! So happy to see you playing along with us at CTD!

kiwimeskreations said...

I can almost smell the lavender your card is so beautiful Grace.
I harvest my lavender just before Christmas most years, and that is one of the smells I associate with getting ready for the festival. Now it is dried, I need to strip it...
Blessings
Maxine

Becky said...

I love the Lavendar set too Grace...I plan to order it soon. Love the lace and the border on your card..actually love all of your creation,lol.

Anonymous said...

Everything comes together to make this a beautiful card! I love lavender and this set is one I think I will have to have.

SarahGeorge said...

What a nice idea! And your card is so beautiful with a pretty lace and pearls. I love it being on the church rack :)

Joan Ervin said...

This is sooo pretty and elegant, Grace...I love the flowers and the background diecut looks fabulous!!!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!!!

Kim said...

I love the way you used the lavender on your pretty card!! The lace is so pretty too. I need to plant some more of this too - my last crop died.

Gretchen Wilson said...

Beautiful as always Grace, love to see what you up to next. I'll check back.