Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Masculine I'll Love You Forever!


Hello friends!  I hope you are staying warm where you are!  The weather here has been really frigid (for the south at least) and the snow that fell yesterday and started to melt in the sun, is now re-freezing with temps below freezing and going to 8 degrees by morning!  So this is the sunny south?  LOL!

Anyway... I made a quick card today for the sketch challenge on SCS.  I really needed to get a couple masculine valentines made and I wanted to experiment with some non-traditional valentines colors.  This is what I came up with.

This is another sneak peek at two stamp sets being released officially Feb 1 by Our Daily Bread designs, but available now in a bundle with freebies!(Have you seen the new Heart and Soul paper???  Check out the store website to see how you can get it free if you pre-order now!)   I used sentiments from two sets: Heart of Joy and Be Mine. I also used the new ODBD Custom Ornate Hearts die set to cut my little window heart.  My base is craft, then a 1/8" black mat and the designer paper is My Mind's Eye Bramble Rose.  I used Spellbinders Pennants dies and the key is a charm I have had for a while. A little black twine finished it off.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

2 Chronicles 30:9
The Lord your God is gracious and merciful and will not turn away His face from you.

13 comments:

JoAnn said...

Wow Grace, I love your masculine valentine. I think the colors and design are perfect.

Gretchen Wilson said...

Absolutely wonderful, love the whole card.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Grace, I saw this on SCS! It's gorgeous, and I love the colors and your wonderful design and layout. I just love the heart and the key...so precious! Warm hugs, sweet friend...and stay inside!

Irish Cherokee said...

Very masculine. Clever. Almost looks as though the heart would swing over the keyhole. Excellent.

kiwimeskreations said...

Grace this is stunning - love the strong design and non-traditional colours!
Blessings
Maxine

SarahGeorge said...

This s an awesome valentine card Grace. So subtle and pretty looking :)

Dr Sonia S V said...

Love the key that you added Grace
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Dr Sonia S V said...

Love the key that you added Grace
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Dr Sonia S V said...

Love the key that you added Grace
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Carla S. said...

Beautiful card, Grace! I love the papers and the key! Sounds like you've got the same weather there as here. At least the icy gridlock has passed for us. Have a wonderful weekend! Hugs!

Tkat said...

gorgeous card :)

Tkat said...

gorgeous card :)

JD/ Jill said...

Awesome masculine card...with the neatest color combo.