Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Hope in Him!

Hello friends!

Today I'm sharing a card I made for this week's Shining the Light Challenge(keyword: ODBDSLC187) over on the ODBD Blog.  This week's challenge is an inspiration challenge and oh so pretty!  Here is the inspiration photo:



I created this tri-fold card using Lavender, Apothecary Bottles, Joy in a Jar and Scripture Collection 5.  I also used the ODBD Custom Apothecary Bottle Dies, Antique Labels Design Dies, SB Mega Ovals and Scalloped Ovals, Cheery Lynn lace edge die, an MS edge punch and an Anna Griffin embossing folder.  The aqua designer paper is from an old Crafty Secrets pad, and the image is stamped with Memento, colored with Copics, and the Lavender is cut out by hand.  I doodled in the stems toward the bottom of the bottle with a SU! Marker.  I used some hand dyed wrinkled seam binding to embellish.

I used just the word "Hope" from the Joy in a Jar set for my label, and then I loved this Scripture verse from Lamentations to focus the recipient's mind on the One in whom we hope, and that when we do place our trust and hope in Him, we are in the hands of a loving God who loves us divinely, and who knows the plans He has for us.  We can rest in that,  because we know He does all things well!  Nothing goes unnoticed by Him, and He has a bigger plan for our lives than we can ever imagine! 


This is a tri-fold but I did not get a photo of the card open.  Please forgive me, but I have had a question on the dimensions of this card so I'm editing this to give you that info:

The total width of the middle center of the card is 4" (I did not show a picture of that center inside part) when card is opened all the way out.  So with that in mind, starting at the left side, score a 9 9/16" wide piece of card stock at 1 5/8" and 5 5/8".  This leaves the right panel (the one with the Scripture on it) just a sliver shorter than the middle panel, so that it does not interfere with the fold on the right side, which becomes the front most panel when closed.  When closed the card measures 4 x 6".


I loved the colors in these inspiration photos! I was also inspired by the blue mason jar, the pretty pink flowers,  and the pointed lace in the china cabinet. 

 I hope you'll join us and play along! Here are the details:

 
If at all possible, please upload your creations to Splitcoast or a blog if you would like comments or would like to be spotlighted.  It is very difficult and sometimes impossible to leave comments on other forums or to save and post cards to be spotlighted from places like Flickr.



To make the challenge even more fun, we will be giving out a prize, $15 gift certificate to be used toward stamps at the Our Daily Bread Designs store!! Entries for thprize must be submitted by Sunday, January 26, at 8 p.m. ESTOne random winner will be chosen and announced next challenge.   


As a way of recognizing those who do use Our Daily Bread Designs stamps, we will again be choosing three or more of our participants  for the  Shining the Light Award. In order to qualify for this award, however, you must  have your submission added to Mr. Linky by Sunday, January 26, at 8 p.m. EST. If you upload your creations to Splitcoast Stampers or any other online gallery, please use the keyword  ODBDSLC187.  When creating your posts on blogs please include a link to the challenge.

For more inspiration for this challenge, please visit the Challenge Team Members:



Hope to see your take on this gorgeous photo collage!!!

Blessings & Hugs,



12 comments:

Alshandra said...

Beautiful and elegant card Grace! So clever to make the tri-fold card! Love that lacy border and the embossing in the background. Your lavender is beautiful and that ribbon is gorgeous! Splash of pink looks fantastic! Elizabeth

Becky said...

Grace, this is so beautiful! I do love that Lavendar set so much....I'll be ordering that set for sure soon.

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Grace! I love the colors and the trifold design! Hope you had a wonderful birthday celebration!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Grace! This just takes my breath away! You always amaze me with your creativity, and I just so love this one with the beautiful colors and your amazing design! I love the tri-fold and how you've used the Apothecary Bottle and lavender sprig and bough of lavender. And the border is so delicate! The seam binding just finishes off one of the most beautiful cards! I love it, precious friend! You really rocked this challenge! Warm hugs, sweet friend!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wowzer Grace!! What an exquisite card!! I just love your colors and your fold!! Stunning take on the inspiration and design sweet friend!!

Thanks for joining us and posting a sample for this week's challenge!!

hugs,
Chris

Becky said...

What a gorgeous card Grace! Love the fold and love how you embraced that verse.

Robin Clendenning said...

Absolutely gorgeous Grace, my sweet sister and friend!! I love your fold and the way it gives such an elegant look to your card!! Love the border so lacy looking and the embossing is soooo lovely! Perfect place for the ribbon too. It IS hard to make flowers come out of cork isn't it heehee! Alshandra did a great job with that too (with the mason jar lid). Your card is just gorgeous and I think I MUST case it!

kiwimeskreations said...

Grace this is adorable - love the crisp clean lines of the card with the highlights of colour, and most importantly the focus on the scripture - just beautiful.
Blessings
Maxine

Linda Carson said...

Beautiful artwork Ms. Grace.....as usual! Love the fabulous, unique fold and embossed background! Absolutely beautiful!

Conniecrafter said...

Gorgeous, love the design of the card and all the pretty layering, the jar with flowers is just lovely!

Anonymous said...

Just Gorgeous.

scrapan said...

You always make such lovely cards! I have a hard time finding words to say how beautiful they are! Thanks for all the inspiration you give me.