Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Vintage Apothecary Bottle

ODBD stamps: Joy in a Jar, Apothecary Bottles, Antique Labels designs, designed by Grace Nywening

Hello friends!

I hope all is well with you all!  I have been extremely busy with funeral arrangements, travel, baking for the get together after the funeral, etc.  However, I did have a card made prior to my mother in law's passing, so I'm sharing that with you today.

This is a vintage feeling card  using Our Daily Bread designs Joy in a Jar Clear Stamp set, Apothecary Bottles, Antique Labels  designs, Antique Labels and border Dies. 

The card base is cream with a mat of brushed gold.   I heat embossed an ODBD Antique Label with Fantasy God embossing powder and die cut with the Antique Labels and border die to serve as a placemat for my apothecary bottle.  The bottle itself is stamped with Memento ink and colored with Copics, and cut with the ODBD Custom Apothecary Bottle Dies.  The label is stamped with Memento, and cut with the Antique Labels and Borders Dies, then I added a little gold embossing to the edges and adhered it to the bottle.  Behind the bottle is a brushed gold doily, some lace, pearls and then I added a pink bow and Wild Orchid flower. I hope you like it!

I hope to be back to creating later this week!!!

Hugs and Blessings,   

8 comments:

Becky said...

Grace, this is so beautiful...I love the vintage look. Look forward to your new creations later this week! God Bless!

SarahGeorge said...

Such a lovely card Grace! I love vintage types and this one is just beautiful!

Carla S. said...

This is gorgeous, Grace! Glad you had a chance to share it with us. Take care. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Grace, what a beautiful card! I so love the rich colors and the wonderful embellishments that give this such a warm, vintage feel to it! Precious! Warm hugs, Cheryl

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Grace.

Hugs Riet.xx

Chrisd said...

Such a lovely card. Sending prayers to you and the entire family.
Hugs from Michigan

kiwimeskreations said...

Wonderful Grace - and I do love the wording on the bottle label!! So true.
Blessings
Maxine

Wanda Cullen said...

So gorgeous, Grace! Love the touch of gold you added! Thinking of you as you cope with your MIL's passing.