Sunday, February 23, 2014

A Sneaky Peek and some Hopes for Spring!

Hello friends!  Happy Sunday!  I hope you are enjoying a relaxing and blessed day!
 Today I have a sneak peek to show you.  This card is made with images and dies to be released Mar. 1 by Our Daily Bread designs. 
The Zinnia is from a new set called Zinnias, and I stamped both sizes and cut them out with the custom die cuts, Zinnias and Leaves.  I colored with Copics and added Stickles to the centers.  For the leaves, I also die cut them with the same dies, and just sponged the veins while still in the die.  Then I turned them on my piercing tool to give added dimension and texture.  The background for this card is also a soon to be released Die... called Daisy Chain Background.  I love it!  For this one, I actually cut one white and one yellow, and mounted them just slightly offset to give a little yellow shadowing and dimension.  I popped up the entire layer on foam tape.  I love the look!  The bee is also from the same Zinnias set, and is cut with the custom die.  I added Twinkling H2Os to give shimmer to the wings.  Just one simple sheer bow was all this card needed for embellishment, and the sentiment (from another new set, Sweeter Than Honey) was cut out with a past release, the ODBD Custom Recipe Card and Tags die set

 Thanks so much for stopping to take a peek!  I know the rest of the Breadsticks have some awesome samples to share, so throughout the week be watching for more sneak peeks and you will fall in love with the feel of spring that's coming your way Mar. 1!

Today's Blessing:

He who has begun a good work in you will complete it untile the day of Jesus Christ.
Phil. 1:6

7 comments:

Irish Cherokee said...

Almost makes you want to lean over and smell the flower. Might get stung though. Beautifully done Grace.

Becky said...

So beautiful Grace...really makes me want Spring to arrive more and more.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Grace, this is gorgeous! I love the layered zinnia and the beautiful daisy die...totally in love with it all, precious friend!! Warm hugs!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a wonderful card - and those dies must have made the whole process so easy.
Blessings
Maxine

Conniecrafter said...

so pretty, love how you offset the background!

Anonymous said...

Once again, Grace, another masterpiece! Wow, gorgeous card, love it!! But, as usual, love everything that you do!! Love the die! Thanks once again for sharing your talent! Joleen

Becky said...

wow Grace, this flower is just stunning! And I love the background die.