Thursday, February 27, 2014

Honey, you are so sweet


Hello my friends!  I have one more fun sneak peek for you before the Our Daily Bread designs release on March 1! 
This is a more "fun" card and I have another sample to share with you after the release that was REALLY fun!  Today, I have just a simple layout and design, but I had fun creating the look of ooey gooey honey!  The images and sentiment are from a set called Sweeter Than Honey.  I also used some of the new Blooming Garden Paper Collection for my designer paper.  The little honeycomb images on my main panel are the new Honeycomb Mini and I love it!  The jagged edges let you add touches of honeycomb to most any panel you want.  To make    the larger panel of honeycomb, I used the new Honeycomb Background, also releasing Mar. 1.  I clear embossed it on So Saffron, then sponged with Distress inks to get more definition, and the clear embossed areas resisted the ink.  After I sponged on the added color, I then embossed the entire panel, so it has the shiny look of honey in the comb.  I used the ODBD Custom Recipe Card and Tag die to cut out my little sentiment tag,.


For my jar, I stamped and colored with Copics, then I stamped on acetate with Stazon ink and cut out another jar, mounting it on top of the first so it gives a shine to the bottle.  I added the honey stick and colored a puddle of honey underneath it, and then added two thick coats of Glossy Accents.  Love the way it came out! 

Why is it that kids never wipe the honey or the ketchup off the top of the jars before they put the lid on?  Have you pondered that question?  Lol!  I have... but it seems to be a universal side effect of being a kid! :)  Anyway... experience in this area inspired me to create the honey spillage at the top of the jar. I giggled as I did it.  It IS possible in my house that even the adults may forget that step as well! LOL! After drawing a spill over line and coloring with Copics, I simply layered on the Glossy Accents again for some fun.  

I finished off with a simple twine bow and a crocheted flower, and one of the bees from the Zinnia Set, which was then cut with the Custom Zinnia and Leaves Dies (yes there are bugs and bees in the die set too.... so fun!)



Well... this is my last sneak peek before the release (I think)!  I hope you'll check out the release on the 1st, and I'll see you then!!!

Today's Blessing:
The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.
James 5:16

Hugs,

7 comments:

Irish Cherokee said...

Grace this card is spectacular. Can't believe how real the honey looks. I give 5 stars out of 5.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, my, Grace! This is amazing! I absolutely love it! I am in awe of it! And you made me chuckle about the dripping of honey and ketchup! You are one of the most creative people I know! Hugs, sweet friend!!

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Grace this is fabulous - love the honey spill on the jar :-) just perfect, as are your papers.
Blessings
Maxine

Becky said...

This is fabulous Grace. That honey looks real, making me hungry :)

Conniecrafter said...

very cute, love the sentiment with the images, cool what you did for the jar and the spilled honey!

JD/ Jill said...

Oh Wow! such a pretty card, and so creative! Very well done!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a creative and beautiful card Grace!! Your honey looks so realistic!! Great use of paper and design too sweet friend. The crocheted flower is the perfect touch!!
hugs,
Chris