Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Heart and Soul


Hello friends! Blessings to you this rainy (in NC) day!  I hope you are all doing well!

Today I'm sharing a card I made for a sketch challenge this week over at

Here is the sketch:
 
I used the newly released Heart and Soul stamp set from Our Daily Bread designs.  I colored the heart with Tim Holtz Distress Markers, and cut it out with the matching ODBD Custom Ornate Hearts Die.  The base is craft, followed by a mat of Not Quite Navy designer paper and then Nina White which I embossed with a Cuttlebug folder called Distressed Stripes.  I cut 3 pennants with a SB die, and "hung" them from a brass key sticker I had in my stash.  I added tiny heart brads to each pennant.  This is a CAS sketch, and I had fun playing with it!

Today's Blessing:

Ps. 100:5
The Lord is good and His love endures forever.

Hugs and Blessings,

  


12 comments:

JD/ Jill said...

You did a wonderful job with this sketch...I like how you used a heart instead of circle. Great coloring. and that ef is just the perfect one for the background.

MJ said...

I adore this, what a fun fun card. Love the patriotic look and the key! Awesome. Thanks so much for playing along with my sketch challenge this week!

Irish Cherokee said...

Love your RED, White and blue heart. Wanted to stand up and salute and hug someone at the same time. Fun card.

Blessings

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Grace, this is beautiful! I love your take on the sketch and the great colors for this patriotic feel card! And I love this sentiment, and the key is a perfect finishing touch! You constantly amaze me, precious friend! (P. S. At least it's rain and not snow, eh?) Warm hugs, sweet friend!

Becky said...

Awesome card Grace. I love the design and love that key.

Conniecrafter said...

cool design, love the little hearts you added on the banners too!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a beautiful use of that sketch and a very clever design with the patriotic heart!! The key is the perfect addition!!
hugs,
Chris

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a beautiful use of that sketch and a very clever design with the patriotic heart!! The key is the perfect addition!!
hugs,
Chris

kiwimeskreations said...

Beautiful Grace. Love the way you have used the sketch, and the wee hearts on the pendants are a stunning fishing touch.
Blessings
Maxine

Shirley said...

I guess I forgot you live in NC too. I love your card. It is just so wonderfully patriotic and loving!!

Gloria Stengel said...

I just pinned this on Pinterest and had to come tell you how much I love this card!

SarahGeorge said...

This card is so elegant and very well done Grace :).