Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Serendipity Squares and watercolor!


Hello friends!  I'm back with another sneak peek for you at some great stamps being released by Our Daily Bread designs on March 1!  Today I played in the color challenge on SCS, which was Soft Sky, Bermuda Bay, and Midnight Muse.  I also played with the technique challenge from yesterday.  It's called Serendipity Squares and you take several different scraps of designer paper that coordinate, tear them up into little pieces, and then glue them down on a piece of card stock.  You then stamp all over them with whatever you want.  I chose to do a little gold embossing, and stamped this new Bee Balm image as well as the Honey Comb Mini.  You then cut out the paper you have created in to whatever shapes you desire.  The "dessert" option today was to watercolor, so I heat embossed the new Bee Balm image with gold, then watercolored it.  I thought it looked a little flat so I did it again and cut it out so I could pop up the second image for more dimension.  I do like how it came out in spite of the fact that it's a little bit funkier than my usual style. 


  The tag sentiment is another sneak peek at another set, Sweeter than Honey, and I cut it with the ODBD Custom Recipe card and tag die. I used some gold thread and page pebbles for simple embellishments.
I fell in love with the Serendipity Technique so I'm going to be sharing another card with you later in March using the same technique and a little more detail on how to do it.  

I did want to let you know that ODBD is having a special going on ...


From now through Friday, February 28, 2014 11:00PM EST, or while supplies last, when you purchase $75 or more on ODBD Stamps or ODBD Custom Dies (bundles not included) from Our Daily Bread Designs website, you will receive a FREE Grab Bag!  You can read all about it HERE.

Don't forget to mark your calendar for March 1!  You won't want to miss the ODBD release!

Today's Blessing:
God has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so that we can do the good things He planned for us.
Eph. 2:10

Hugs,



  

9 comments:

Irish Cherokee said...

Grace this is just wonderful. You may have stepped out of your comfort zone but you did it beautifully.Yet another card worthy of framing.

JD/ Jill said...

What a faboulous job you did with the challenges...Your card may not be the style you are used to doing but you sure aced this technique!

kiwimeskreations said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kiwimeskreations said...

Grace this is such a delight to see - you have inspired me to have a go! Love the results, especially the watercolour background and the page pebbles.
Blessings
Maxine

SarahGeorge said...

This is lovely, Grace. I liked the small water drop effect so much :) Also the water colouring! It's beautiful!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wowzer Grace!! This is gorgeous!! I so love the blue and purple combo with the gorgeous use of the technique!! So creative!! Love it sweet friend!!
hugs,
Chris

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, my, Grace, this is beautiful! I am in awe of this amazing technique! I'm definitely going to check this one out! Love your colors and beautiful layout, precious friend! Hugs!

Conniecrafter said...

very pretty, has a great artsy feel to it!

Becky said...

What gorgeous colors Grace, this is beautiful.