Friday, September 19, 2014

I'm sew happy to share....

 ODBD Stamps: Victoria, Doily Blessings, Birthday Doily, and doily die; designed by Grace Nywening

Hello friends!  I hope you are all well!!! 
 
Today the we are taking a look back at the ODBD September release!  I don't know about you, but  I know the "breadsticks" have been having a lot of fun this month with our sewing, knitting, and stitching themes!  From crocheted doilies to gorgeous dresses, and from rustic knitting to cute CAS designs... we've had a blast! Hence my title... I'm sew happy to share!

So today, I wanted to show something a bit different. I think most of us have interpreted the images with a vintage flare, but this time,  I created a white on white card to show how elegant these stamps and dies can be.  I used Pearl Embossing powder to emboss my dress, doily, sentiment and the edges of the oval panel.  While it was hard to get a photograph that really showed the embossing, in person I really love how this came out  and could think of many different uses for it... from a confirmation or a special day for your little princess, to a bridal shower or other special event... what girl wouldn't love something this elegant?

The lighting varied so much while I was trying to photograph this.  Here's a close up of the embossing, but the sentiment panel in real life is not gray!  It's all white! LOL!

ODBD Stamps: Victoria, Doily Blessings, Birthday Doily, and doily die; designed by Grace Nywening


Here is what I used:
Spellbinders Heirloom Legacy, CB Swiss Dot Embossing Folder, Oval Punch, 
Pearl Embossing Powder, VersaMark ink pad and also Liner, Lace, Satin Ribbon, Punched Flower, Pearl


https://www.ourdailybreaddesigns.com/index.php/g584-birthday-doily.htmlhttps://www.ourdailybreaddesigns.com/index.php/g585-doily-blessings.html
https://www.ourdailybreaddesigns.com/index.php/g582-victoria.htmlhttps://www.ourdailybreaddesigns.com/index.php/csbd62-doily-dies.html

For more inspiration from my DT sisters, please visit their blogs below and maybe leave a little love while you're there to encourage them!

Chris * Grace * Julie * Cathy * Lori Sandee * Dawn * Paula * Stacy * Wanda

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Blessings,

 

19 comments:

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Grace this is spectacular! A masterpiece!!! Goodness! and WOW!!! Seriously I love it!

Chana Malkah said...

Just so beautiful, Grace!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah Harris

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is stunning Grace!! I just love the pearl embossing on the white and your use of the doily and dress. So elegant!!
hugs,
Chris

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is stunning Grace!! I just love the pearl embossing on the white and your use of the doily and dress. So elegant!!
hugs,
Chris

Paula Hymel said...

You have outdone yourself on this one. It's absolutely gorgeous!

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Grace this is amazing - I am picking my jaw up from the floor. Love the pearl on the white, and all the beautiful layers.
Blessings
Maxine

Unknown said...

Oh my, Grace this is so elegant!!! Love the way you mixed the dies. Yes, I have had a blast using these stamps and dies!!! Love this!!! Your work is always so pretty!

Patti J said...

My goodness! This is so beautiful, Grace! Thanks for inspiring me to emboss! Hugs...

Becky said...

wow Grace, this is just stunning.

Cathymac said...

WOW, Grace…this is just stunning! I love the neutral tones of the pearl embossing on white! Quite elegant looking and another fabulous way of showing off these gorgeous stamps and dies! Hugs!

Stacy Morgan said...

Grace your embossing is so elegant with this dress. Very classy and so beautiful!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

this is lovely all in white, Grace! The pearl embossing gives it instant elegance.

Dawn said...

Stunning, Grace....just STUNNING!!!!

Jerri Jimenez said...

This design is so beautiful Grace! I love the bride's dress, that would be very pretty on parchment!

Greta said...

I love WOW & this is one of the most gorgeous examples I've ever seen! Love the new doily products (all on my wishlist!) & you've made me want them even more, Grace!

SarahGeorge said...

This is just AMAZING Grace! :)

Irish Cherokee said...

You have succeeded. This is elegant and sophisticated. Love the die cuts. Gorgeous. - Jim

Kelley said...

I can certainly attest to the beauty of the pearl embossing!! A total WOW card!!

JD/ Jill said...

This is so stunning! I so want these stamps...they are on my wish list...after seeing your masterpiece here...they have moved higher up on the list. smile...
Hope you are having a blessed weekend!