Friday, September 12, 2014

Memories are Stitched in Love!

ODBD stamps: Hand Knit, Stitches, Beautiful Border Dies, designed by Grace Nywening

 Hello my friends!  I hope you are all well!

I have a real CAS (clean and simple) card to share with you today.  For this card I used ODBD's Sept. release Hand Knit, and Stitches sets. I also used a past release, Beautiful Border Dies.

To create the card I started with a base of Neenah  Solar White and embossed it with a  Cuttlebug folder which was a gift from a very dear friend.  On that I layered a panel I had constructed using a mat of dark chocolate, then a mat of blush blossom, and finally my main panel, which was another Neenah White panel on which I had stamped and masked the yarn images from Hand Knit, colored with Copics and masked the strip across and sponged the background with Distress Ink (Victorian Velvet).  I also stamped the sentiment from Stitches and added a little heart button.  A wrap of yarn (SU!) was added before adhering all the layers.  I popped up this main panel on dimensionals.  I felt it needed something at the top so  I die cut the pretty crocheted border, using blush blossom and the Beautiful Borders Die set.  Quick and easy!  We all need a few of them, don't we?  LOL!

Today's blessing from the Word:

Eph.4:2
Be completely humble and gentle;  be patient, bearing with one another in love.

I hope you have a wonderful day!!!


5 comments:

Chana Malkah said...

Hi, Grasce,
This is gorgeous! love the palette! very nicely done!
Hugs,
Chana

kiwimeskreations said...

Grace this is so elegant - love your colour choices and the top diecut is perfect.
Blessings
Maxine

Becky said...

This is gorgeous Grace. I love the design.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

You rocked the CAS, Grace!! Love the balls yarn, your colors and the sweet little heart button!!
hugs,
Chris

SarahGeorge said...

Very elegant and beautiful!! :)