Sunday, September 28, 2014

To Everything there is a Season...

ODBD stamps: Autumn Tree, God's Timing, designed by Grace Nywening

Hello sweet friends!  Today I'm sharing a sneak peek with you for the current Shining the Light Challenge, fall inspiration photos. This card is a sneak peek of two sets being released Oct. 1 at ODBD!  One is called Autumn Tree. The second is called God's Timing.  The verse is from God's Timing and  I loved how well it went with this cute tree.   I had fun working with it and went with typical fall colors, using the current inspiration photos for the Shining the Light challenge. I am also linking this to Word Art Wednesday.

I stamped with Memento and colored with Copics, then sponged lightly with pastel chalks for just a hint of background.  The base is dark chocolate and the design paper is from MME Lost & Found "Sunshine" and K&Co Fall Harvest (an older pad).  The bling is from Hobby Lobby, and I used an Ornare piercing template for my sunrays in the upper corner.

Here are the Copics I used for this little scene:
E49, 43, 44,  57,  55, 31, 35, 37
YR 21, 24, 27
Y13, 17, 19
R27, 29
C1, 5

I love this Scripture, as it helps me remember that not only are there times and seasons for all of God's creation, but as we live our lives, we too go through various seasons.  I think as we get older and look back at our lives we see a remarkable pattern of how God has been leading us along, through various experiences that are sometimes joyous, sometimes difficult.  There are times for us to learn, times for us to share what we've learned,  times for us to  be busy but also times for us to be still. There are times we don't understand the "why".... why did He choose to allow this to happen?  We can rest assured that every thing has a purpose in our lives and  He loves us infinitely! 

I hope you enjoyed my card and even though this card is all fall... don't be fooled... fall isn't all that's coming Oct. 1!  I hope to see you back here then!!!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Blessings,

17 comments:

Paula said...

Just beautiful, Grace.... and I love your sun! :)

kiwimeskreations said...

What a gorgeous card Grace - love your 'sun rays' and as ever your beautiful colouring.
Blessings
Maxine

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Grace, this is an absolutely stunning card! I love your coloring, and the sun is extra special! What a wonderful Scripture verse indeed and such a great reminder that God is always in control, no matter what season in life (or what He brings into our lives). Praise God, He is with us always...through it all! Hugs, my sweet friend!

CherylQuilts said...

P. S. So glad you were able to join us in support of the Shining the Light challenge this week! (Got so distracted by your card...hehe!)

Jerri Jimenez said...

Absolutely stunning Grace, such a beautiful card! I love your design style, visiting your blog fills me with so much peace and tranquility.

Unknown said...

Grace,
Such a wonderful tree with thee heart. The DP and mattes are so crisp. I also always admire your coloring. Thank you for posting art with us this week during our 151st challenge at Word Art Wednesday. Sending you happy hugs, smiles full of sunshine, and many blessings as you work and play.

Carole Robb Bisson

Robin Clendenning said...

So pretty Grace!! Love your cards! Every one of them! Love this fall scene...might have to get this stamp set!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is so pretty Grace!! I just love your coloring of the fall scene and your design!! Thanks for supporting the challenge!! TTYT!!
hugs,
Chris

wannabcre8tive said...

Grace, I love this beautiful fall scene.

Caitiumom said...

Beautiful card Grace. Love the verse too.

Conniecrafter said...

Love the stamp and you have colored it so nicely!!

Becky said...

Grace, this is gorgeous! I love this image and love this verse. this is on my wish list. :) I love the shading.

Unknown said...

I love this one! I love the tree, and of course I love all things fall, it's my favorite season. I love the verse too, and what you said about seasons in our life, I think when we learn to be content in all seasons, that is when we find the true joy of our Savior Jesus Christ.

Irish Cherokee said...

The card looks as though it is in a frame.It should be. Excellent coloring. The background is amazing. The sentiment is one of my favorite standards. Wonderful. - Jim

pammy said...

I love the October release tree and "seasons" scripture. I can't wait to order them and make Thanksgiving cards. What an inspiration you are!

Alshandra said...

Your card is gorgeous Grace and I love the background you created with the chalks! Beautiful Copic colouring too. Thanks so much for supporting us in the ODBD Shining the Light challenge!

JD/ Jill said...

Lovely Autumn card...made with my favorite scripture!