Thursday, September 4, 2014

Vintage and Blessed!

ODBD Stamp: Elizabeth, Birthday Doily, Doily Blessings, designed by Grace Nywening

Hello again my friends!!!

Today I'm sharing a vintage feeling card I created with the ODBD Sept release. I  used this beautiful dress image called Elizabeth, as well as the Birthday Doily, Doily Blessings, and the ODBD Custom Doily Dies.  

I heat embossed the Birthday Doily with a color I cannot identify by name as there is no name on the bottle, but it's a cross between gold and tan.  It feels very vintage to me!  I sponged the rest of the doily with Distress Ink in Antique Linen.  I then cut it out with the ODBD Custom Doily Die (largest die in package).  I cut another doily out, this time using all the layers except for that largest one, and I sponged more Antique Linen on the edges. I mounted this doily on the stamped one.  I then deicded to give it more depth and die cut another doily just like the last one, and adhered that on top of the first white one... giving just a slight offset for dimension.  I stamped Elizabeth with Memento ink and colored with Copics, and hand cut the image out, adhering to the doilies with foam dots.  I used a base of Baked Brown Sugar and the design paper is BasicGrey "Life Time".  The yellows in this design paper were what led me to my color choices when sponging and distressing.  I stamped the sentiment from Doily Blessings and punched with my SU! punches.  I died the seam binding with Bronze Glimmer Mist, wrinkled it and dried it with my heat tool.  I then adhered that around my doily to frame it a bit more.  I tied on a bronze vintage shew machine charm and decided to leave it there.  

Thanks so much for stopping by today!!!  Consider this sentiment to YOU.. my faithful readers!  You do bless me so and I appreciate you visiting, and of course I love hearing from you as well!!!

Hugs & Blessings,

7 comments:

Becky said...

Grace, this is lovely....I just love the vintage look! Reminds me so much of my Mother....she was a super seamstress and made clothes for everyone, including my Dad who wore a red polyester suit with vest she made for him every Christmas.

SarahGeorge said...

This is so unique and so lovely Grace. Thank you for the sentiment :). You too are a blessing to us :)

wannabcre8tive said...

So very pretty. I love the vintage look you have given your wonderful card.

Conniecrafter said...

Beautifully vintage, I love the sewing machine in the corner, pretty coloring and the color you used on the seam binding is very pretty!

Unknown said...

You are one of the greatest blessings in my life!

Becky said...

OH Grace, this is gorgeous. I love how you did the ribbon. What a blessing you are my friend :).

Jerri Jimenez said...

These dresses are absolutely gorgeous! I've got to make a trip over to Our Daily Bread, I just love them!