Monday, October 27, 2014

It Came Upon a Midnight Clear

ODBD stamps Midnight Clear Background, God's Timing, designed by Grace Nywening

Hello sweet friends!  I hope you are all doing well!!!

I am popping in to share a card I made using several of this month's ODBD new releases, and for a few challenges. 

 I used the ODBD Midnight Clear Background and inked first in Baked Brown Sugar, then dabbed off the brown on the snowflake edges with a paper towel and inked with Coastal Cabana.  I knew I wanted to add a little glitter to the edges so I just didn't worry too much about having the transitions perfect from the brown to the blue. I added some T Holtz white paint and some Recollections clear glass glitter all around the snowflakes.   I stamped my clock from the God's Timing set, using the Matting Circle Dies, and the Circle Ornament Dies to cut it,using  Baked Brown Sugar cs which I sponged with Crumb Cake. I cut three of the ODBD Peaceful Poinsettia Dies from vanilla cs and then spritzed them with Tattered Angels Candy Apple Red glimmer mist. I love how the gold glitter seemed to settle in to the embossed parts of the poinsettia! After arranging everything, I added Gala Glitz (Art Glitter) to the centers. LOVE this stuff! It's a combination of coppery beads and glass glitter. All the greenery and flourishes are from ODBD Fancy Foliage die set.

I am entering this in the ODBD Shining the Light Challenge, which is  a Scripture inspiration challenge.
Be inspired by this verse:
Ecclesiastes 3:1: To everything there is a season and a purpose for every time under heaven.

I hope you enjoyed this card as much as I enjoyed making it!  The colors were dictated by a color challenge I played in on SCS but I ended up liking how it came out.  While I'm on the subject of Splitcoaststampers... I have been highly honored to be asked to be on the Dirty Dozen... the 12 gifted design team members for Splitcoaststampers!  While I cannot share the cards I have created for this special gallery for 6 months, I can give you a little  a link to the gallery where they can be viewed, but only if you are a fan club member there. Each month we are given different themes and we create 6-8 cards for that theme, and it's one of the special things done for fan club membership. If you are a fan club member, you can view the gallery HERE.

Today's Blessing from the Word:
Heb. 4:16 KJ
Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Blessings, 

5 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Grace, what an absolutely gorgeous card!! It's stunning! I just love the colors you've used (and see that it's good for the SCS color challenge...perfect!), and your amazing texture and depth using the beautiful dies and great layout are stunning! Such a wonderful idea to use the clock with the poinsettias and the wonderful hymn as background. Guess you can tell I really love this card! So glad you've joined us in support of the Shining the Light challenge, sweet friend! We are always delighted to see your amazing work!! Hugs, sweet friend!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh Grace this is gorgeous!! I just love the tan, aqua and red combo!! The texture and the use of dies is gorgeous!! So creative and beautiful my friend!! Thanks so much for supporting the challenge my friend!!
hugs,
Chris
TTYT!

Tenia Nelson said...

Gorgeous!!

SarahGeorge said...

Gorgeous creation Grace! Amazing poinsettia flowers. The colors you've chosen are simply amazing!

JD/ Jill said...

Very pretty Christmas card!