Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Peaceful Poinsettias


 Hello friends!  I hope you are doing well!  I have been snowed under this week, but I finally got a card made today to share with you here.  I used the newly released Peaceful Poinsettias from ODBD, as well as a past release, Worship the Lord.    I cut and embossed  three sets of the poinsettia dies from white card stock, sponged with Brilliance Platinum Planet Pigment ink, spritzed with water and then began shaping them with an embossing stylus on an embossing pad.  I loved the shimmer of the platinum ink.  I stamped the word Rejoice from the Worship the Lord set and embossed it with a soft goldis color of embossing powder, but there is no name on the bottle so I can't tell you what it is.  I cut that panel with a Spellbinders Fancy Tags 2 die from white cs.  For my base panel, I used a T Holtz embossing folder (Sizzix) and rubbed the negative side of the folder with the same Brilliance ink, then ran it through my grand calibur.  I love this effect!  I mounted that on a white base, arranged my poinsettias, added some white flourishes from the  Fancy Foliage Die set, and some tiny pearls.

I am entering this in the current Shining the Light Challenge over on the ODBD Blog.  It's anything goes with ODBD stamps!  Hope you can play along!

That's it for me today.  I'm sorry I'm a little busy at the moment, but I'll do my best to keep some samples coming for you!  

Today's Blessing from the Word:

James 5:16
The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective!

Thanks so  much for stopping by!!!

Blessings,  

16 comments:

Becky said...

Oh Grace this is just beautiful....I love the shimmer and your poinsettias are gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Grace, this is just gorgeous. I love that shimmery paper and the embossing folder you used. Thanks for the sweet comment you left on my card.

Becky said...

OH Grace, this is stunning! I love the shimmer paper you used for this. I want this die now that I have seen how beautiful it is!
Hey, I used that spellbinders die (fancy tags) also today :).. Great minds think alike, now if I can make beautiful cards like you, I will have accomplished something :)

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Grace, this is gorgeous! I love the soft, glimmery color and wonderful texture! And your poinsettias are so beautiful! I really love how you've so delicately shaped them! Really exquisite card!! So glad you got to play and support the Shining the Light challenge! We always so appreciate the other breadsticks playing along with us!! Hugs, dear friend!

Jerri Jimenez said...

Absolutely gorgeous and serene Grace, so beautiful.

Lisa Lara said...

Wow Grace. Magnificent choice of paper. Those flowers just pop with the shimmer and texture. Lovely.

Jamie said...

Today's Blessing from the Word:

James 5:16
The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective!

Thank you for the encouragement you give from the Word of God! Always a blessing in addition to your beautiful cards! Thanks!!

Graciellie Design said...

Oh Grace those flowers look stunning. Your card is beautiful. I love white Christmas cards!!! Hugs.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Where to begin!!! This is absolutely stunning my friend!! I so love the layout and all the white poinsettias. Sheer elegance!! The subtle inking is the perfect touch!! GORGEOUS my friend!! Thanks for sharing and supporting the challenge!! You know I so appreciate you!!
hugs,
Chris
TTYT!

Nancy said...

Stunning! The shimmery white is just gorgeous! Such a beautiful design!

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Grace this is fabulous - love how you have used the platinum ink - you have inspired me to look at mine in a new light.
Blessings
Maxine

Gwen said...

This is so elegant, love the white and all the lovely textures and oh so pretty details !!!

scrapan said...

This card is definitely elegant! Love the inking of the folder. The platinum sets off the design. Great job.

wendy2512 said...

OH MY how beautiful. Gorgeous 3d display of white poinsettias. So elegant. LOVE all white cards,a dn love your touch of gold...TFS..:0)

wendy2512 said...

This is soooo gorgeous. Don't blog much I left another comment, but not showing so will try again , and ss if it comes twice. this is a wonderful 3d display of poisettias. LOVE all white cards and your touch of gold...so elegant...so well done, should frame it...TFS..:0)

SarahGeorge said...

Gorgeous white on white Christmas card Grace! I've pinned it :)