Sunday, September 13, 2015

Beauty is God's Handwriting!

ODBD products: Beauty, Leafy Edged Border dies, Vintage Labels dies, Fancy Foliage Dies, Vintage Pattern dies, Chalkboard Paper Collection, designed by Grace Nywening
 Hello dear friends!  I hope you are all doing well and enjoying this wonderful time of year!

Today I have a fun pocket card to share with you. It is a sneak peek at some awesome stamps and dies being released tomorrow at ODBD!  I decided to make a pocket card this time.  The card base is Neenah Solar Crest White 140lb stock.  On that I layered a piece of design paper from the ODBD Chalkboard Paper Collection.  Then I cut a curvy edge with the new Sept. 14 release, Leafy Edged Borders dies and cut my diagonal pocket to fit.  I then embossed that panel and adhered it with tacky tape on the bottom and left side.


I cut my removable book mark/tag with the ODBD Vintage Label dies, and Vintage Flourish Pattern die set. I stamped the sentiment from the new Beauty stamp set on a scrap of design paper in my stash.   I decorated the tag with one size of the new Pretty Posies die set, a Fancy Flourish die cut, and I stamped and die cut the little butterflies with the Butterfly and Bugs stamp set and matching Butterfly and Bugs die set. I added a corner die cut from the Ornate Borders and Flowers die set to the top and punched a hole, passing thin satin ribbon through that.

The pocket itself was decorated by cutting 2 of each of the 3 sizes in the Pretty Posies set from white card stock and sponging with distress ink.  I then used my embossing tools to shape each layer and glued them together.  I cut three of the largest leaves in that set and stenciled while still in the die, then shaped them the same way.  Some Stickles in the center, a  little gauze, ribbon and a few more butterflies finished it off.


Thank you so much for having a look!  I hope you will check out the ODBD Blog tomorrow for all the beautiful new things being released!

4 comments:

Francie G. said...

Wow! Beautiful, Grace!

Dr Sonia S V said...

Your handmade flower is so beautiful ...love the inking and the leaves
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

kiwimeskreations said...

Ohh Grace this is gorgeous - love the bright pink against the black, and the white die cut edges.
Blessings
Maxine

CherylQuilts said...

Grace, this is absolutely gorgeous, and I so love how you've used the new Pretty Posies dies! Wow, you've really made them come alive, and your sponging really adds to the beauty of this blossom! And what a fabulous layout with the pocket and bookmark/tag. So precious because the card looks stunning even without it. It's a wow card to me, and I'm so inspired after seeing this!! Hugs!