Saturday, September 26, 2015

Flowers of Gratitude!

ODBD Stamps: Grateful, designed by Grace Nywening

Hello friends!  I hope you are all doing well!
 
I am popping in today to share a card I made using the Sept. Mid Month Release.   I used the newly released  Grateful set for my sentiment, stamping it in Primrose Petals on some designer paper from a BasicGrey Something Blue pack.  I cut it with the ODBD Custom Vintage Flourish Pattern Dies, and then cut a piece of design paper from an MME Blush pack using the ODBD Custom Vintage Label dies to mat the sentiment panel.  I used a vanilla base and some Light Spring Green paper from Color Mates which I embossed with a Sizzix embossing folder and die cut the bottom edge with the new ODBD Custom Leafy Edged Border dies.  I used a vanilla piece to cut the lacey layer, and cut the green layer with the more straight lined die in the set.  Then I cut a whole bunch of the smallest flower in the Pretty Posies Dies from various scraps of pink card stock.  I also cut several of the tiny blossom in the Ornamental Crosses dies set, and sponged the edges with Primrose Petals, and spritzed them all with water.  I crumpled them up and molded them in to loose petals to form my posy blossoms.  I added a few leaves from the same die set, and a flourish from the Fancy Foliage Dies set.  I finished it off with a pearl butterfly from ZVA Creative.  

Thanks so much for looking!  I hope you enjoyed my little hand made flowers today and are inspired to give them a try some time. 

5 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh what a beautiful card Grace - love that sentiment, and your posy is a delight.
Blessings
Maxine

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Your card is gorgeous my friend!! I just love your blossoms!! Your colors and design are beautiful!! You are so talented. Hope you are enjoying your weekend!
TTYM!
hugs,
Chris

Susan.... said...

Hi Grace,
What a beautiful card ! So delicate ,and fabulous use of flowers.love the sentiment too !
Hugs
Susan xxx

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Grace, what a stunning card with your beautiful flowers! Wow, I love them! And the color combination is fabulous - just is so vibrant and "happy." And I love the sentiment...yes, through prayer God cultivates much in our lives. Hugs, sweet friend!

Traci M said...

This is so pretty and delicate, love your posies, Grace! The colors, design, everything! Thanks for sharing.