Saturday, September 19, 2015

Just a Note to Say Hello!

ODBD products: Beauty, Home Sweet Home, Mini Tag dies, designed by Grace Nywening

Hello friends!  I hope you are all doing well!!!  Today I'm popping in to share a simple card made with the newest (second) ODBD Sept. release set, Beauty.  I also used a sentiment from Home Sweet Home, and cut it with the ODBD custom Mini Tag Dies.

The image is colored with Copics and fussy cut, and mounted on a Sizzix  embossed panel.  I used RV19, RV17, RV55, RV25, RV00 for the stargazer lilies.  The leaves are colored with G07, G24, G43 and G40.  The stamens are Y3 and E07, then topped with some Wink of Stella clear glitter.  That doesn't show in the photo but it gives a pretty sparkle.  

My card base is basic black and I lined the inside with a white panel for the written message.  The panels for the front were just cut to size, not with dies.  The Designer paper is BasicGrey Sultry (an older pack in my stash) and the Paper Co. (Hobby Lobby).  I just love black, white and pink together and those are the colors I'm trying to emphasize in my crafting space.  It's a classic combo and so I thought it was the perfect way to go with these gorgeous lilies.  

Whenever I see lilies and their incredible intricacies and beauty, I think of this Scripture:

Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
This set has really reminded me of God's creativity and artistry in all His creation!  I hope you love it as much as I do!
Blessings,

6 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

This is absolutely stunning Grace - love your colour scheme, and the lilies are so beautifully coloured.
Blessings
Maxine

Susan.... said...

That's a beautiful card Grace...perfect layout !
Hugs
Susan (saramar) x

CherylQuilts said...

Oh my, Grace, this is absolutely gorgeous, and your lilies are stunning! I love the colors and your fussy cutting and how you've layered these flowers! Stunning layout, and I agree with you about loving this color combination. And I always love a gingham checked ribbon! Yes, God has truly blessed us with such artistry in His creation! Hugs, sweet friend!

wannabcre8tive said...

Grace, this is gorgeous. I love the wonderfully colored lilly.

Conniecrafter said...

Gorgeous, beautiful coloring and I love the design and embossing in the background!

Anonymous said...

Your card is absolutely beautiful. I love those colors, too. And that is one of my favorite Scriptures; I find a lot of comfort in it. Thank you for sharing your gorgeous card and Scripture. I don't have a blog or website, but I was so moved when I read the quote you have by John Newton (how true for each of us!) and about your card. You are truly a blessing and, I sense, a very special person.

God bless you,
Audrina Thorsen