Friday, February 27, 2009

Fishers of Men from Our Daily Bread


This is another card I was finishing up in the wee hours of the morning. This week's ODB challenge was a sketch and I just loved it!!!

First I have to say what wonderful stamps Our Daily Bread has! They are absolutely the best quality... easy to stamp, and very detailed in design. They come either mounted on wood or cling foam, which is how I have been buying mine to save a little money and that works just fine on my Acrylic Blocks. That way they store in less space and I'm really glad they are offering that option. I also love their Scriptures and sentiments... so many of my cards ultimately go out to people who are hurting in some way, either through our CARE ministry at Church, or sometimes I send bunches of them to a cause that I feel drawn to... and in either case I love putting Scripture or faith based sentiments on them.

Ok... now on to the card. I stamped these images and the sentiment onto SU! Very Vanilla with Memento, and then colored with Copics. I sponged lightly around the edges with Creamy Caramel. Instead of ribbon for the sketch element horizonally running across the bottom I used black card stock because this is for a guy and I didn't want any foofoo on it at all. I am happy with how it came out.

Thanks for taking a peek today! Have a great weekend!

7 comments:

katiesniche said...

Beautiful card! I love the layout and the color choices here. Great sentiment for the image.

Sabrina Jackson said...

Grace, you are truly an inspiration. I love the fact that you use scripture based sentiments. I love to use them as well, and most of the time I just make to make the cards and sooner or later they come in handy for someone at church or in the family. This card right here is just amazing. Female and male card alike. Keep them coming. I love all of them.

Hugs,
Sabrina

Anonymous said...

Your layouts are always so different. Another beautiful card Grace. I do have a question re: copics/colouring on SU paper. I thought I had read somewhere that using SU paper (whisper white/Very Vanilla) wasn't good for colouring with Copics. Yet - yours is beautiful. I am taking that you have not had problems. TFS and inspiring us.

Saved By Grace said...

Hi Grace,
I'm so glad you supplied the design name of the stamps, I've been looking for a godo source of Scripture verses I'll will being checking htem out. Beautiful card I love it.

Kelley said...

Grace, this is such a really cool card!! Love the colors you chose!! Thanks so much for all your kind words about ODBD!!!

Anonymous said...

So beautiful!! I love this ODBD set, and these wonderful colors!!

Angie Z ~ Duckwaddlequack said...

This is fabulous! Thanks for playing along with the ODBD sketch! Such a great guy card - colors and all! :)