Friday, February 27, 2009

A Black and White Silhouette with sparkle

Hello everyone!
Wow... yesterday flew by and I didn't get to start on cards until bedtime.... LOL! So I finished this about 2am. A group of friends over on SCS do a weekly challenge, and this week Dawn chose the theme... we were to make a black and white silhouette card. Well at 2am, not much looks good to me! I had made another one with Stampin Up! Essence of Love, but didn't like it when I got all done, so I grabbed my Stampendous set that I always love, and stamped it with Archival Jet Black. I layered it onto basic black and used my new ticket corner punch for the corner. I decided to go with a clean and simple layout to let the black and white pop. I did add some decor to the inside and the envelope with an Inkadinkado stamp. I added Black Diamond and Frosted Lace Stickles to the main image, although with the showers we're having today, my light is poor and I can't capture the sparkle. It IS there... just can't prove it! LOL! I also popped up the main panel. This was fun and actually challenging for me... I don't do CAS easily, but I always love the look when others do it... and this time I really like the way this came out!

6 comments:

Sabrina Jackson said...

All right now, let me try this again. I just wrote a novel here and by the time I hit the post button it disapeared!?!?!Grace, I absolutely love this card. So very classy and clean! It's pretty amazing that you came up with this at 2 AM, I can't stay up past 10 PM,LOL!!! Gorgeous, keep them coming.
Hugs, Sabrina

Anonymous said...

I can see the sparkle. Beautiful card Grace. CAS but very elegant.

peggysue said...

I don't know why you try stamping at 2 a.m.? What happens then at 6? You must be sleeeeepy! Very elegant and very nice job at a CAS card.

Anonymous said...

Wow - this is so classy looking. Love the silhouette look!!

Diane Noble said...

This is so striking. Love the simplicity of the black and white. Very elegant.

MJS said...

Love your card, please email I want to know more about it.