Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I love Penny Black!


Hello everyone! I'm on try two here... blogger ate my first upload! LOL!
Today's color challenge on SCS was to use Summer Sun, Pumpkin Pie and Old Olive. I love this combo although I was concerned my card might look fallish ... and I am so in the mood for Spring!!! Anyhoo... I stamped my Penny Black image with Archival Black Ink onto Watercolor Paper. I colored the image with SU! markers in the three colors. I then added Stickles and Clear Glitter Pen. I'm sorry the sparkle does not show in the upload... it does in my photo, but it gets lost in the upload. I mounted my matted image onto BasicGrey Designer Paper and then onto a base of Old Olive. I added a butterfly from SU! Natural Beauty. I cut it out and added clear glitter pen outlines to it as well. The ribbon is SU! Old Olive and the card size is 5 1/4" square.
Thanks for stopping by... have a great day!

14 comments:

Grace said...

Hi... People have been emailing me that they can't make comments and that word verification is not working... so this is a test. I have turned that off for now.

Anonymous said...

Hi Grace. Yes I hope this works. I don't think this card is too "fallish" at all. I love the shading around the image. I clicked on the card and could see the "bling". Very nice card (as usual).

Unknown said...

I just joined your SCS Blog Group 11. You have amazing work posted on here!

Looking forward to getting to know you through your blog! I love the photos of Lucy and Ricky.

Have a fantastic day :)
~maria

laos348 said...

This is gorgeous! The splash of color the butterfly brings makes it a spring card, absolutely.

Sabrina Jackson said...

Yeah, it is working now. I thought I was about to loose it earlier :D:D. I must have tried to leave a comment at least 10 times. Just glad I was not the only one having trouble, LOL!!!

Grace, your card is absolutely stunning. I love butterflies and the one that is on this card looks like it is about to take off.
Just another gorgeous creation by Grace :D:D!!!!

Dell said...

Such a pretty card! Very springy and elegant.

The Mama Monkey said...

Blogger is being awfully naughty lately! This card is just gorgeous! I love how you sponged in the image area and gave that butterfly wings! Just beautiful!

peggysue said...

This is so fresh and bright and pretty! You nailed the challenge.

Holly said...

This card is just gorgeous and so inspiring! Your use of the challenge colors works so well together and I love the images you used. I'm really beginning to love square cards - and that butterfly is simply breathtaking!

Stephanie said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty!! Grace, you did an amazing job with today's color challenge over at SCS. Love the image and DP :)

Kim said...

This card is gorgeous! Your cards are always so elegant and pretty.

Diane Noble said...

This is beautiful. I love the layout, color scheme and embellies you chose. All fit together perfectly.

kat9 said...

Love this card. I will have to try those colors together, they are great.

Anonymous said...

Truly stunning!! That butterfly looks as if it will just fly right off the card! I have not participated in as many SCS challenges as I usually do - looks like I'm missing out - this is really a pretty color combo!