Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Seed Shooter



Hello everyone! Thanks for stopping by my blog today! I made this card for today's Color Challenge over on SCS, and also for Jamie's sketch on the House Mouse Monday challenge. There is a link for the House Mouse Monday Challenge down on the right side of my blog toward the bottom of the page. Why don't you take a peek?

The image I used is called Seed Shooter. I had this really fun glittery DP by DCWV called "Sweet" collection. I layered that with More Mustard and Rose Red Bazzill to meet the colors of the color challenge. I stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black and colored with my Copics. If you don't use Copics but want to get started, I highly recommend stamping with the Memento line.... it is about the only ink I have found that does not run with the alcohol in the Copics.

I added some glittery doodling around the scallops and some Basicgrey fibers, and three brads. I wish my photo showed all the glitter and dimension this great dp has... but it's the best I can get. Thanks so much for stopping by and if you haven't signed my guest book please do.... it's at the bottom of the page!

24 comments:

Jeanette - said...

What a FUN summer card! I love the papers with that image!! The ribbon is really fun too :)

Larissa said...

Lovely card. Cute image and lovely designpaper!

Hugs,
Larissa

Sharon said...

Great fun card, love the dp with the image.

Anonymous said...

Oooooooooo...what a sweet card! I love this image and it matches SOOO well with the DP! I like the ribbon you chose too! Very very nice card. Glad you were able to join us :)

Anonymous said...

Hello from SCS Blogger Group #11!

Your site is gorgeous! Great job on the banner!!

And I love this card. It's so cute!

Stacy Morgan said...

Grace this is darling! Fun HH image, great coloring and papers. So glad you played with us! Hugs..

Dawn B. said...

Adorable. I love this image. I have some RAK images of him. Super paper. Hope your day went as well as can be expected. Hugs.

Patti said...

Grace : ) I have enjoyed looking at your blog. I think we must be sisters because I am a child of the King as well! heeheehee Love your card!! this image is so very sweet. Best of Luck to you in the drawing.

Patti

Anonymous said...

So cute! I love these Happy Hoppers!

The Mama Monkey said...

You do such a great job coloring!! Love the image and how you used a plain circle behind the scallop! Very cool layering!

Dell said...

I love this card & House Mouse is one of my favs! Can't wait to get to know you with our new Blogger Group.

Kim said...

Hello fellow Surfing Ocean's 11 blogger! Great card. I love your blog and I can't wait to keep checking out your creations. Oh and I LOVE your calendar paperweights!! Great idea!!

Kay said...

HI from another Ocean's 11 blogger. Grace, your blog looks fabulous and so does this card! Looking forward to seeing your new creations!

Linda said...

Grace, what a cute card! All your cards are lovely! Great job!

Diane Noble said...

Adorable card! Great artistic flair here...coloring, layout, love it all.

Thank you so much, Grace, for visiting Women to Women: Sharing Jesus. Your comment was beautiful. Just appreciate your time and effort in contributing so much. Hope you'll come back. I know I'm stopping back here soon!

Stephanie said...

Love that seed-spittin' mouse!! Your ribbon is great, Grace. Look forward to our new blogger group!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful card. I clicked to open up the picture and was wowed by the detail. Thank you for sharing

Carmen O. said...

OMG what an adorable card! I love how you matched the pp with the image. Beautiful work!

kat9 said...

Wonderful card Grace. I love this stamp he is so cute. Welcome to our group.

JazzyH said...

That is so cute

Heather said...

GOrgeous card - love your papers and that ribbon is superb. Great image and thanks for playing with us at HM. hugs Heather xx

Sue from Oregon said...

cute, cute, cute!

Anonymous said...

Grace - this is absolutely adorable!! I'm so glad you joined in the challenge - I didn't know you had started a blog!! It's fabulous!!!

Carolyn Bounds said...

Such a bright and cheerful card!!! I love the yummy papers, and your image is colored fabulously!!! I am happy you could play along with us in this week's challenge!!! I hope to see more of your incredible creations in future challenges:o)

Hugs!
Carolyn