Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A Walk in the Park in Fall


Hello everyone! Today I got to play with the Sketch Challenge on SCS. It was fun using the Clear Dollar Stamp of the Month set called "A Walk in the Park". You can get this stamp for free from Clear Dollar Stamps. It's a very fun and versatile set with all individual elements so you can stamp the trunk brown, then the leaves whatever colors you want. I had done a spring themed one a few posts back so this time I decided to try a fall look. I used designer paper from Memory Box, the Twiggy Collection. I ran that through the Cuttlebug with the leaves embossing folder. I used Papertrey Dark Chocolate for my base and Old Olive run through the bug with the floral screen folder for my #2 panel. Instead of a third panel, I used Magic Mesh in bronze. I wanted an earthy feel so I added some 10 lb Hemp twine from Naturals, and Punched the fence with a Martha Stewart Edge Punch. The cute little brass corner treatment is also from the Clear Dollar Store. Love this fun set! I really have fun trying different layouts with all these little pieces!
I hope you have a wonderful Wednesday! Thanks for taking a peek at my blog, and I hope you enjoyed my card.

15 comments:

Crystal said...

Grace did I tell you I love this card...your fence is so fabulous, love your design!!! I have been so busy lately with the kids I haven't commented much or created too much...missing it already..hehe!! I hope you had a wonderful mother's day!! Hugs!!

Gloria Dojlido said...

Super cute Grace. Love this little scene you created.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Grace!!! Lvoe your park scene and the earthy colors!! Great job on the sketch!!

Rosietoes said...

I really like what you have done with these stamps Grace. Very evocative scene with a smashing background. :)

laos348 said...

This is gorgeous - you created such a beautiful scene.

Saved By Grace said...

What a cute image, I love how you used it...very nice card

The Mama Monkey said...

I love, love, love tree images and this is just stunning! Wonderful job per usual!

Dell said...

Absolutely beautiful! I saw this set on CDS site and wondered what it would look like done into a card. You did a superior job pulling this together.

Love your Playlist songs too. Very inspirational.

Holly said...

This is simply striking! That tree set is just beautiful and you've made it so glorious! I love the connection of the corner piece and the gold in the tree too - just lovely!

Becky said...

This is another beautiful scene you created, love the design.

JazzyH said...

That looks great. I love how you used the paper and the image as well.

Kathy Jones said...

Ooooooh Grace - this is just lovely!!! Wonderful stamp, perfect paper, love the mesh and the fence punch ---- it's all gorgeous!!!! :)

Riet said...

Wowwwww Grace,what a beautiful card,l love the image.

Zo Mooi....
Hugs Riet.x

Laurie Wilson said...

OH, this fall scene is just fabulous! I love how you made the tree swaying in the fall breeze!

Gina Lindsay said...

I love this, it is so great!