Saturday, May 16, 2009

Charlie Gardens Color Challenge

Hello everyone!
This is the card I made for the Weekend Color Challenge over on the Clear Dollar Forum at PCP. You can find the challenge here. Monique hosted this week and chose the colors Old Olive, Tangerine Tango, So Saffron and White for a Neutral.

I just bought this cute Charlie Gardens set and had to try inking him up. I colored him with Copics and paper pieced his apron and visor with the Provocraft DP I used. I had to touch up the dp a tad with a marker because it had one pink swirly pattern that really didn't look good with the rest... so I made it orange. Tangerine is NOT my favorite color... in fact this is the first time I've cut into the paper! LOL! I do however love playing with this set!

I started out to use the sketch from MMSC1 but in the end I left off the offset oval panel and did not offset my corners... so it's really not quite it... but that is what I started with. For anyone who wants to play along on that go to http://priscillastyles.blogspot.com/.


I used a cute watering can brad I bought from Clear Dollar Stamps and some olive ones from my stast. I used two CB folders for texture, a Nestie Label #3, did some masking to sponge the background and did some faux stitching on the apron and visor. Mesh ribbon finished it off. Hope you like it and thanks for looking!

24 comments:

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Too cute, Grace! I love the watering can brad!

Shawne said...

This is sooo adorable, love the little watering can! ps, I got here by going first to my blog and following my link. I'm not sure why your link isn't working from my computer on the pcp page. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow Grace you made an amazing card with the colour choices! I just love that Charlie and with the little watering can brad ... superb!

Cassie said...

Grace, I love your take on the colors. Charlie is perfect for them! Great layout and wonderful coloring ;D

somethingcraftybydottie said...

Grace:
I love ♥ the card ! It is just too cute! The pony is adorable and so is the watering can brad. What a sweet card ! I Love it ♥ love it ♥
love it♥
~ God Bless ~
Hugs :o)
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Dottie

Stacy Morgan said...

Grace this is so cute. Great layout and coloring.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work as always! I love seeing your work, you are an inspiration to me & I am your SU! demonstrator. Keep on inspiring me and the millions of crafters out there. I look forward to your next one.

Susan Powers
Moody, AL

Riet said...

Wowww Grace,what a beautiful card,l love the image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Crystal said...

Grace, love this cute little card and yesterdays too. What a cute image ! Love the CB pieces and that cute watering can ! { hugs!}

Becky said...

Grace I love this, and the colors are so vivid.

Joan Ervin said...

Now isn't Charlie just the cutest little gardner!!! Your coloring is absolutely gorgeous and how cute to use the little watering can!!! This is such a beautiful work of art!!!

Marilyn (stampwithMJ) said...

So cute with the little watering can! wonderful colors and coloring!

JazzyH said...

I love the image.

Lovely Linda said...

I hope you like it - how funny are you Grace - how could we not like it!!! I am loving your cards, as we all do! These colours are fabulous with this card - love that image!!! Thank you Grace for your commitment to inspire us - you do!! God bless you!

Saved By Grace said...

What a cute image. I love the coloring and all of the detail.
Very cute.

Laurie Wilson said...

So adorable! Wonderful scene you've made and that watering can... what a fabulous touch!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow Grace! This is gorgeous!!! love the watering can you added! Great coloring and layout!!
Blessings,
Chris

Neusinha said...

God gather his people here on earth and that is a blessing! I thank God for having known you my sister and friend.
We have much to share. I was in Orlando for a month last year, I want to return this year. Now on June 18th I'm leaving for Europe on holiday. Who knows one day find noe still here.

The Mama Monkey said...

That brad is just too perfect for this card! Love the design and the colors...even the orange!!

Stephanie said...

hi Grace!! love all of the embossing and fun colors on your card! great detailing on the apron and visor :)

Diane Noble said...

Adorable! Love it. I have every Charlie but this one. Now guess what I'm going to have to do??? Love your rendition of the challenge. It's perfect.

Mary said...

This Charlie is super cute! Great card and perfect for this time of year - planting time!

Angella D. Crockett said...

Omigosh, this is fantastic!!!!! I am in love with this image and you have colored it perfectly! LOVE the watering can....genius!!!
God Bless! Angella

Gina Lindsay said...

I got this stamp set for my birthday, can't wait to play with it. LOVE the layout on your card, it's very pretty.