Friday, May 8, 2009

Clear Dollar Weekend Color Challenge #18



Hello everyone! Here it is Friday already and I'm wondering where this week went to! With Friday comes the Clear Dollar Weekend Sketch Challenge over on PCP. There is a link in my right side bar if you'd like to play along!


Alex chose the colors for this week. She chose Ridinghood Red, Blush Blossom, Certainly Celery, and White or Kraft for a neutral.


I started to get out my new Charlie Horse, but thought... no... I don't think Charlie would look good pink, red or green! I never know how literally you have to take the color challenges... but I decided to err on the safe side! :)


I used the Diagonal Double Pocket Card found here by Claudia Rose. All the stamps are from the newly released Clear Dollar Set called "Words of Gratitude". I love this set! There are so many different ways to use it! You can find this set and many others at the Clear Dollar Store


I wasn't sure if I could make these colors work without images to tie them together but I think they look ok! The double pocket card is super easy to make and for that I used Certainly Celery DP from last year. I stampoed all the sentiments with Memento Tuxedo Black, and then cut out the scalloped circle and heart with Nestabilites. I added a Blush Blossom "flower" die cut from QuicKutz to the circle. I used my Magic Matter to mat the heart. I ran the two bookmarks through the Cuttlebug with the Swiss Dot and flower (?) folders. For the bottom panel I made a belly band with GP White which I ran through the bug with the swiss dot folder... and then I adhered my circles to that. I used some Chipboard "buttons" from my stash (I think these were Memory Makers but not sure). I sewed them on with Linen thread. I wanted to do flowers but just didn't have the right colors so these worked out perfectly.


The swiss dot ribbon on the back bookmark is from Hobby Lobby and the thin white is from Michaels. There is a tiny Thank You Charm that came from HL as well.


Thanks for taking a peek at my blog! I hope you all have a wonderful Mother's Day... and a blessed weekend! We are going to TN to visit our daughter, son in law and the kids. This will be the first Mother's Day in 11 years that we can be together on Mother's Day! I'm so happy to have them living only 2 hours away!!! God has been so good to me!

26 comments:

Cassie said...

This is extremely beautiful, Grace. Wow, I just love it ;D

Crystal said...

Wow Grace this is beautiful!! love what you have created!!! Always love looking at your creations!!

Becky said...

You do such gorgeous work girl, and this is gorgeous. I know..the time is flying by.

Tricia T said...

What a beautiful creation!! You did a fabulous job with those colors!!

Lisa Lara said...

Grace, your card is amazing. So much detail. I love the pocket card. The embossed tags are fantastic. What a wonderful card using the Gratitude set.

Stephanie said...

So, so pretty Grace. Love the embellishments and embossing! You're such an inspiration :)

NinaB said...

I love your card, Grace. I can't wait to get some CDS stamps so I can participate in the color challenges. God's blessings to you on mother's day!

Linsey R said...

Grace, what a stunning card this is! I adore the double pocket design and all your lovely detailing is exquisite! Just as beautiful and inspiring as ever, my friend! I wish you a most fabulous mother's day! hugs xoxo

Gina Lindsay said...

Great project. I love the way your sentiment is spread out over the different layers.

Rosietoes said...

Beautiful card Grace. Love those double pocket ones, there's so much scope for decoration. You have made a smashing one here. :)

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Grace,l love the colour.

Hugs Riet.x

Kevin Renz said...

Beautiful card Grace! Have a wonderful Mother's Day.

Lovely Linda said...

Happy Mother's Day my friend!! Your card is just lovely - what an asset you are to CDS - you display their product so beautifully!! I love the way you have made this card...it works so well without an image...a credit to you Grace!!! Thank you for sharing your 'gift' with us - God bless you!

peggysue said...

This is so lovely, that thank you set is gorgeous and you display it so well. I like those cardboard buttons, they accent it nicely and that charm is a nice touch! I appreciate your detailed instructions too.
I am so very happy for you that you will be able to spend Mother's day with family for the first time in a long time, enjoy it!!! Big smooches!

Codi Jo said...

Oh wow effect with this one. its got so many layers of goodness, don't know where to start. just perfect!

Gloria Dojlido said...

This is one beautiful creation Grace. Just lovely.

auntbeespickles said...

Grace, this card is outstanding!! You are so very creative and all your card are just great! You have a huge talent and I am glad you are sharing it with us. Your cards are all inspirations!!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Goodness, Grace, this is so gorgeous!!!! You never cease to amaze me with your creations. Keep them coming, they sure make me feel better just seeing them on the computer. Hugs, Sabrina

Lisa Lara said...

Congratulations Grace. Alex chose your card to display on her blog this am. And I can see why.

Kay said...

Such a pretty card as always! I love visiting your blog because i always leave inspired :)

Joan Ervin said...

What a beautiful card, Grace...I love the pocket card design and your worked the colors and stamps to perfection!!!!!

Judy Rozema said...

Delightfully wonderful!

The Mama Monkey said...

Grace, you have been busy while I was in Tokyo! Your projects are just gorgous as usual!

My fav card you made while I was away is the Praying for You card. It reminds me of the cherry blossoms here, which have now blown away! I miss them!

kat9 said...

Wonderful color combination. I think it looks so spring and strawberry like.

Cat said...

Oh, this card is precious! I love the colors!

Dell said...

Oh, this is fabulous! I may have to case this one. Excellent work.