Wednesday, May 27, 2009

He Restores My Soul


Hello everyone! Thanks for stopping by!

Today I'm giving you another sneak peek at a new set to be released by Our Daily Bread Designs on June First! Isn't it beautiful? I just love deer... I love watching them... they are all over our subdivision, and except when one ran into my husband's front fender, I just totally enjoy them!

This new set has some fabulous Scripture verses but because today I wanted to play with the Sketch Challenge on SCS I decided to cut apart part of one of the verses from Ps. 23. The colors for this card were inspired by the pretty floral pattern of this Memory Box Poppyfinch designer paper, which I also LOVE!

My card base is Mellow Moss, the matting for the dp is Lovely Lilac, and there is Mellow Moss sponging around the edges of about everything... just a light touch of sponging. The image itself is stamped in Archival Jet Black on Aquarello 140 lb Watercolor Paper and watercolored wet on wet with SU! Inks and Markers. I then stamped and colored another panel of just the deer side of the picture, cut it out and popped it up on dimensionals to meet the sketch. I kept the colors light to go with the colors of the dp.

The piercing is a template by Ornare, also from Our Daily Bread Designs.

Have you ever been just so weary from the cares of this world? Are there times you feel like you have no more to give and you are totally empty? That is the time to run to Jesus and be refreshed by His living water... feast on His Word, rest in His presence and He will restore your soul.

I hope you have a blessed day! Thank you for stopping by!

19 comments:

Becky said...

This is beautiful. I am working on this sketch now hopefully I will be done before the next one :) :).

Crystal said...

AWWW Grace this is soooo beautiful!! wow!!

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Grace,l love the image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Stacy Morgan said...

Grace this is so peacful and great layout.

The Mama Monkey said...

Just beautiful Grace! I love that image as well. Gorgeous drawing...that set will be very popular!!

Joey said...

Hi Grace, this is a truly stunning card, the image and colours are a perfect choice together. Joey.x

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Grace!! I love your colors and the way you split up the sentiment! Fab coloring of the image!! You message to go with it is so true!!
God Bless,
Chris

Kim said...

Grace, you are rockin' it, girl! Another beauty! And thanks for the spiritual encouragement! Christ is the Rock on which we must lean, especially when we're weary!

Kay said...

Congratulations on your newest DT, Grace. So well deserved, I just love your work and this is no exception. Great card.

Sabrina Jackson said...

Oh my goodness, Grace!!! This card is stunning. I love how you seperated the scripture over the card. Hugs, Sabrina

RosesMarijke said...

i love your cards Jane......they are so beautiful!
greetings. Marijke

scrappingmommy2 said...

HI, I'm so happy I came across this blog. I too am a Child of the King. Saved by Grace. You are so talented. Wow, I love the cards. Do you teach classes or anything? I am also in Mich. The mid-mich area not all that far from you I dont believe. I would also like to share a site w/ you I found recently. They have the most functional organizing system I've ever see. You can see it at the link below.
CLICK HERE I'm also in a contest there that ends Fri. If anyone would like to vote you can here. Cinderella card. You dont have to register to vote. Please stop by my blog. Link at bottom.
CLICK HERE Please come see my blog (in the works) I'm new. :-)
myblogthanks, Deanna Matt. 6:33

Kathy Jones said...

What a gorgeous card Grace!! Love those colours and the beautiful DP!! You've done a wonderful job with the colouring and the scripture looks awesome broken up like that!!! :) Fantastic my friend!!! :)

Jennifer said...

What a lovely lovely card! the ornare is a great touch!

Jennifer

peggysue said...

This is lovely! So enjoying your sneak peeks, but I always like my visits to your blog. And the song you were playing today "Give Me Jesus" it has been too long since I've heard that song . . . brings back such pleasant memories.

Diane Noble said...

Just beautiful! Can't wait to see the new collection. So far...fabulous!

No Name said...

BEAUTIFUL WORK!!!
Thanks so much for sharing!

I thought, since you like crafts... you might enjoy this website, in order to store all your craft supplies and keep your stuff organized.

Just visit: TheOriginalScrapbox

Traci M said...

What a lovely creation, Grace!
But what csaught my eye was the last part of your entry, running on empty and pointing us to the Word, and refreshment! Thanks for sharing your love for stamping and for God's word!!

laos348 said...

Beautiful card - you have created such a lovely scene!