Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Clear Dollar Stamps "Vintage Thank You"



Happy Tuesday everyone!


Today's card is my first card made as Clear Dollar Stamp's Guest Designer for May. My stamps came yesterday and I was so excited to get started!


This card features one of the newly released sets called "Words of Gratitude". It's a fabulous 10 piece set that is very versatile and is made such that you can mix and match sentiments... such as I did here. It would also be great for outside/ inside sentiments. I actually used three different stamps for this card. You can see all the new releases plus a wonderful selection of other goodies from Nestabilities to Flower Soft, brads, etc. at the CDS store here


Here is my recipe:


All Stamps: Clear Dollar Stamps - "Words of Gratitude"

Card Stock and Paper: SU! Cranberry Crisp, True Thyme, Studio D Designer Paper - "The First Blush" pack

Ink: Cranberry Crisp

Accessories and Ebellishments: Martha Stewart Edge Punch, Cuttlebug Corner Die Cut, Nestabilities Label 3, SU! Ribbon, Distressing Tool - Making Memories, Tombow Glue Pen


I used the Julee's Mojo Monday Sketch 85 for my layout. I thought is was a great way to make the focal point my wonderful sentiment! I cut and laid out my dp pieces on a base of long retired Cranberry Crisp, punched the True Thyme edge with my Martha Stewart edge punch, stamped my sentiments on one of the designer papers, and used my Cuttlebug to cut out the CB corner die cuts. The "Thank You" is stamped on a Nesties Label #3 but as you've probably noticed, the label Nesties don't nest closely like the more classic shapes do such as ovals, circles, squares and rectangles. So to get a close matting I cut the label out, then traced around the outside of the die cut onto my Cranberry Crisp and cut that out by hand. I then distressed the edges of the sentiment panels and mounted everything. The "Thank You" panel is on dimensionals to make it pop a bit.


It is very dark here today... raining buckets right now so I'm sorry if the photo is a bit dark. I loved working with this set! I love how crisply the Clear Dollar Stamps stamp right out of the package! This is a simple card but I love how it came out... it has a vintage feel that I love. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and looking at my card today!


Have a blessed day!

13 comments:

stampinganja said...

Beautiful card!! Love that new set of words from Clear Dollar Stamps.
Thanks for sharing, Anja

Becky said...

This is beautiful, love the colors and the sentiment is beautiful. Love those Martha Steward punches :).

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Geace,l love the colour and Chique.

Liefs Riet.x

somethingcraftybydottie said...

Gracie:
I know everyone is saying the same thing this is a Beautiful card! they are all so right. It is just so lovely, Bet if you did the same card in all pastels it would be soft and pretty too. I prefer Pastels always. But this is a Beautiful card.
Hugs :o)
♥ ♥ ♥
Dottie

Crystal said...

Grace this is beautiful, wow love the colors and your corners are wonderful!

Cassie said...

What a beautifully elegant card, Grace! Congrats on the Guest Design spot. . .you certainly deserve it!!

Becky Spinks said...

Just lovely, Grace. You have such a wonderful talent no wonder you were chosen as guest designer for CDS.

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

This is beautiful Grace! I love the paper, the verse, the Cranberry Crisp (still a favorite of mine) and the edging and corner detail......just wonderful all of it!

Gloria Dojlido said...

Just GORGEOUS Grace. I love how you used more than one of the sentiments. Love the cranberry crisp colour too...I never did stock up on that one. Very elegant card!

The Mama Monkey said...

This is gorgeous Grace! I like that set myself! On my wish list it goes! Love the colors you chose...beautiful!

laos348 said...

Such a beautiful card. I love the colors you chose to work with and the layout. Its a lovely sentiment to go with the thank you.

thinker said...

Grace, this is truly beautiful. I love how the papers all work together so well and the flourish die cuts in the corners and the punched edge... it is so.... BEAUTIFUL!!! amazing!!! awesome!!! gorgeous!!! stunning!!!

Diane Noble said...

oooohhh...I love it. Love all the flourishes and pretties. Colors are gorgeous and I just love that stamp set. This is fabulous!