Friday, May 22, 2009

Clear Dollar Weekend Color Challenge




Hello everyone!
I made this card for the Clear Dollar Weekend Color Challenge. I used the TLC from this past Monday on SCS for my layout. It's called a Tri Shutter card, and the tutorial was very easy to follow. It was written by Bonnie Szwalkiesic. The card itself is easy... but cutting all the dp for each panel takes some time.
That said... I LOVE how this came out! The colors for this challenge were: Night of Navy, Creamy Caramel, Ridinghood Red and White as a neutral.
I used my K&Co dp again... just perfect for these colors! I used a Nesties Label #2, classic oval and classic scalloped oval, double ended tag and charm die cuts. I think that might be the most Nesties I've used on a card before. The life saver is actually two nesties charms glued together for some depth and then wrapped with red hemp. The netting is an onion bag I've been saving. The shells are stick on paper "ribbon" from Michaels, and the scrolls are QuicKutz. I added some linen thread on my image for a little dimension for the "ropes".
The sailboat was stamped twice and cut out. I lightly watercolored the boat, sponged the sky, watercolored the water, cut the wave line and tucked in my boat behind the waves. The little birds, the compas and the ships wheel are all images included in the set.
All the images are Clear Dollar Stamps. Sadly, this will probably be my last submission as Guest Designer. I've had a blast and thank Lori and all the team for allowing me the opportunity to do this! Thanks all!

28 comments:

Lisa Lara said...

Oh my goodness Grace! This is soooooooooooo magnificent. You made a shutter card. I haven't tried this yet. It's like this set was made for this card. You did a beautiful job!!!!!!!!!!!

Gloria Dojlido said...

We will miss you...all your creations have been fabulous. I have thoroughly enjoyed following your gallery and blog.(and will continue to do so)!! Isn't it amazing how you can make a connection with someone you have never even met!?! I love this amazing hobby of ours!

Your card is fabulous...I missed this challenge because it was our long weekend and we were away. You have given me the inspiration to try it now!

Angella D. Crockett said...

Grace, this is such a fantastic card! Your details are amazing!!! P.S. I love your music choices!!!
God Bless! Angella

Cassie said...

Holy Cow, Grace!! This card is fantastic! Even with company you still managed to come up with a magnificent card! Great details, and of course I love that stamp set ;D

Crystal said...

Grace oh my this is absolutely awesome!!! wow you did such an awesome job with this technique!! love all your details...so beautiful!

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Grace,l love the image and colour.

Hugs Riet.x

NinaB said...

Another fabulous card, Grace. Look at all the details.

Becky said...

Grace this is awesome, I just love this.

Laurie Wilson said...

That is SUCH A FABULOUS creation! WOWZA! what a lot of detail and work... it is absolutely gorgeous! You are master of the nautical themes!
So creative how you used the tag die and made a life preserver... love the rope and net... the sand dollars, the compass, the coloring... just everything!

Neusinha said...

What more beautiful thing! God gave you many talents, and enjoy those blessings here on your blog. Thank you very much!

somethingcraftybydottie said...

Grace: I do not have enough word to tell you how wonderful this card is I love it I think it is my most favorite one of all of your pieces.It is truly the best of the best.you should be very proud of your self what a fabulous. God Had you by the hand guiding you with this one !

Have a wonderful blessed weekend. Hugs :o)
Dottie

LeAnne said...

Grace, this is incredible! My DH the sailor would love this---he wouldn't part with it, he would love it so much! I must check out those stamps!
TFS!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

All the details are magnificent, Grace! So beautiful!

Kathy Jones said...

WOWZAS GRACE!!!! This is absolutely OUTSTANDING!!! I love all the details - it's perfect!!!

Crystal said...

Wow, dear friend, you hit this one way out to sea ! What a masterpiece ! I love every single detail . AND thank you SO much for that beautiful card!!!! It's holding court on my stamping table . :)) { hugs !)

Kevin Renz said...

Grace,
What a cool design! You did another outstanding and cool card! Thank you for sharing your incredible talent with all of crafty bloggers.

Saved By Grace said...

Wow what a wonderful card...this is so impressive you are a true artist. This is just amazing, my creations are so simple, I hope one day that I can create something as beautiful.

katiesniche said...

WOW what an outstanding card. I love it all!! I'm going to have to get that stamp set. I'm in love with it. Goodness all three cards you've listed with it are amazing. I'm going to have to check out this layout.

Erin Bigler said...

What a STUNNER, Grace...LOVE all the detail - Should become the summertime centerpiece for your dining room table!

Kay said...

Wow, wow, wow! What a fabulous card, Grace.

Candyfosta said...

Wow -- this is an absolute work of art. Everything about it is wonderful.

JazzyH said...

Stunning!

Gina Lindsay said...

This is absolutely amazing. I don't even know where to start telling you what I like about it. The coloring is fantastic, all the little accents are perfect, I just love this card.

Holly said...

Oh My Word! Have you ever been hoping around blogs you visit, and then see something that makes you totally and completely LEAN FORWARD with JAW DROPPED?!?!? Yup, that was me about 2 minutes ago as I took a look at your card! It is STUNNING - I'm just floored! How creative and how awesome - you really have created such a work of art!

Stacy Morgan said...

Oh this is so wonderful! I just love the fun fold. This is a card for the baoters dream.... Very cool Grace.

Christi said...

All I can say is WOW. Amazing work!

The Mama Monkey said...

This is beautiful Grace! I just love this image by CDS...you have done magnificent work with it!

Unknown said...

Grace! That is a masterpiece! Beautiful in every way!