Friday, January 17, 2014

Taking a Look Back at a Sweet January Release!

ODBD stamps: Canning Jars, Canning Far Fillers, Antique labels and borders, Ornate Borders Sentiments, designed by Grace Nywening

Hello everyone!  Today we are taking a look back at the January ODBD release!

For this card, I used Canning Jar Fillers, Canning Jars, (or Blue Ribbon Winner) Antique Labels Designs , and Ornate Borders Sentiments.  I also used the ODBD Custom Canning Jars Die, the Antique Labels and Border die, and a SB A2 Brackett die.  The designer paper is from Hampton Art (Doilies pack).  I used a heart doily from my kitchen stash, and some bakers twine and bling for embellishments.  So the card is very flat and mailable.. one of my goals for this year! :)

Here are the ODBD products I used:

                       G527 - CANNING JAR FILLERS F462 - CANNING JARSCSBD42 - CANNING JAR DIES
                     F514 - ORNATE BORDER SENTIMENTSANTIQUE LABELS DESIGNSCSBD26 - ANTIQUE LABELS & BORDER DIES

To create the cascading candies spilling out of the jar, I simply stamped the candy hearts image twice, one inside the jar and once again, and cut the second out.  After coloring them with Copics, I used my craft blade to cut a slit where the top of the jar would be and trimmed the candies to a configuration I thought looked somewhat realistic, and I adhered them in that way.  To stamp the jar without the lid on it, I colored the outline of the jar with a marker, leaving out the lid parts, then I hand doodled in a few lines to simulate screw lines in the glass. 

To see more inspiration, please see the ODBD Blog 

To view my DT sisters creations!


Chris * Cathy * Lori * Grace * Julie * Dawn * Sabrina * Sandee * Wanda
Thanks for stopping by!!!
Blessings,

9 comments:

Becky said...

Just gorgeous, Grace...I love the spilling over of the hearts. What a unique idea! I love the doily too!

SarahGeorge said...

Wow!! So lovely, Grace. Cute hearts and the idea of cascading jars is awesome :)

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

So pretty and colorful, Grace! Love the candy hearts spilling out and wonderful lacy doily behind the jars.

Sabrina Jackson said...

Oh, sweet Grace, you have done it again! I am totally wow'd by this beauty. So creative to have the conversation hearts spill out....love it! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Saints Rule! said...

Beautiful Grace! Love the luscious coloring on each of the images and your sweet design! Just darling!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a great card Grace - love your innovation with the jar and candy.
Blessings
Maxine

Becky said...

This is so sweet Grace.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is so sweet and beautiful Grace!! I just love the hearts spilling out of the jar, your colors and the doily heart!! I love it!!
hugs,
Chris

Kelley said...

Such a yummy card!! Very cute!!