Friday, February 21, 2014

Love You Bunches with a Twist!

Hello Friends!  I hope you are doing well!!!

Today we are taking a look back at the February release at Our Daily Bread designs.  I thought since Valentine's Day is over, why not have a little fun with a different take on the heart stamps and dies of the Feb. release?  So, I stamped my little hearts from the Bless Your Heart set with Gumball Green Ink. and cut them out with the Custom Ornate Heart Dies.  I then arranged them  on a SB Labels 28 die which I had embossed with a Sizzix heart and vine folder, and had inked the edge with green ink.  I mounted that on a Decorative Labels 28 cut from white card stock.  The designer paper is is some Martha Stewart paper that I have had in my stash for quite a while.  The sentiment from Love You Bunches was stamped with the same green ink and cut with the ODBD Custom Recipe Card and Tags die (smallest tag in set).   I used bakers twine to create "stems" and threaded through my tiny button centers.


Here are the February release products used today:

 G532 - BLESS YOUR HEARTG532 - BLESS YOUR HEARTG529 - LOVE YOU BUNCHESCSBD53 - ORNATE HEARTS DIES

To see more inspiration from my DT sisters, visit the ODBD Blog, and these links below:

Stacy * Sandee * Julie * Grace * Chris * Cathy * Lori Dawn * Sabrina * Wanda


17 comments:

christina d said...

I had to comment. I was lost with the small die and stamps and now I have great ideas. I like how you turned them into shamrocks.

Becky said...

Grace, only your could come up with this idea to use hearts to create shamrocks...this is just adorable and I love it! Those hearts are a must have!!!

Carla S. said...

Beautiful card, Grace! Very creative design with the heart stamps! Love the vibrant green! Hugs!

Irish Cherokee said...

Love the way you did this card Grace. Like the IRISHMAN'S green.

Sabrina Jackson said...

Grace, sweet Gracie, you are so creative! Love those Shamrocks....such a cool idea! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Lynne said...

Like using the hearts to make a 4 petal shamrock and then the 3 petal ones. Nice balance on this St. Patty's type card.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Grace, this is brilliant using the hearts to make shamrocks...and even a four-leaf one! I love the design, the colors, and especially the buttons with twine! Absolutely derailing! Hugs, sweet friend!

Stacy Morgan said...

Grace this is awesome! I adore the idea of the clover with the hearts, you are so clever. This is fresh and sweet.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This so clever and beautiful sweet friend!! I just love the clovers with the hearts, the buttons in the middle and the soft green. Gorgeous my friend!!!
hugs,
Chris

kiwimeskreations said...

Love your innovative use of the heart stamp Grace, and you have created a wonderful card :-)
Blessings
Maxine

Cathymac said...

Oh, Grace…When I first saw these beautiful shamrocks, I couldn't believe the creativity! What a completely different twist for these hearts and dies…making them so much more versatile! Your hearts in green are just awesome, my sweet friend! Hugs!

SarahGeorge said...

Very beautiful card, Grace. Lovely soft color and creative usage of the heart dies :)

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

So cool! And so clever, Grace! I make shamrocks out of hearts every year but it didn't occur to me to do w/ this heart. Great look!

Dawn said...

Grace...this is just too clever!!! Just shows how versitile these sets are!!!

Dawn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelley said...

Grace, such a fantastic idea!! Love your shamrocks!!

JD/ Jill said...

Wow! What a beautiful creative card...so nicely done!