Saturday, July 18, 2009

Amazing Grace

Hello everyone! Thanks for sticking with me even though my posts are spotty here.... I have my grand kids here and we are having a great time together... but I had made a few things to show you during my stamping hiatus.

I made this card with Our Daily Bread designs July release using Amazing Grace (the words to the hymn) and Grow in Grace, which includes this beautiful dogwood image and several wonderful sentiments. I heat embossed both in gold, and mounted on a base of Coredinations "Flower" pack, then layered brushed gold (unknown... from my stash) and this yummy dp from K&Co. I love the look of the hymn words stamped right on the dp. In real life it's not hard to read... my photo isn't the best. Sorry about that.

I watercolored the dogwoods, cut them out and mounted them on a Tim Holtz Grungeboard scroll which I had inked with Brilliance Galaxy Gold. I cut into the little petal centers just enough to curl up the edges like dogwoods do, and I colored the back sides of the petals so that if you look at them from the side they still have the color. I used the new Our Daily Bread designs ink for my watercolor. LOVE this ink! I also used VersaMagic spanish Olive and Perfect Plumeria. I used my Nestabilities Borderabilities Piercing/Embossing combo edge. I did the embossing on the light box, pierced with an Ornare Piercer from Our Daily Bread designs, and added tiny gold pearls to the edges and the flower centers. The bow is made on the bow easy (which I got from Sharon's Stamp Simply Ribbon Store) and attached with a glue dot. This was a fairly quick card to make. I like how it came out.... I think the fancy edge cut on the side gives it a lot of character and appeal. I hope you enjoyed this sample. I loved making it!
Photobucket

25 comments:

Crystal said...

Grace this is absolutely GORGEOUS girl!! I love the colors, and the gold embossing...stunning!!! Beautiful work, I just love visiting your blog you always have the most beautiful creations!!! Hugs!

The Mama Monkey said...

This is so pretty Grace! I had to laugh...this did you take you too long to make? Yeah...this would have been an all day affair for me! :) So beautiful!

Becky said...

Grace this is not only gorgeous, but this is elegant. I love how you did this flower, just gorgeous.

And it is alright that you do not post all the time, I do not always have time to blog hop, so when you do less I do not miss much :)

Riet said...

Ohhhh wowwww Grace,what a BEAUTIFUL card,l love the image and colours.
So chique.

Hugs Riet.x

Jami said...

Beautiful Grace!! I love the edge treatment with the piercing, and the little beads on the flowers! Wow!

Gloria Dojlido said...

This is just gorgeous Grace. The gold embossing adds so much elegance!

Lovely Linda said...

Gorgeous card Grace - you are amazing yourself being able to create something so beautiful with so much going on around you! Love this card and all of the embossing makes it stunning. Your DP and flowers are perfect!! Enjoy those 'grandies' Grace, they are little for such a short time and Grandmothers have such an important place in children's lives - how blessed you are!! Thanks for sharing!

thinker said...

Grace this is amazing! LOL

I love the colours... and the gold embossing gives the whole card such a regal look... it's stunning! I love the extra detail... the tiny gold pearls... colouring the back side of the petals and then snipping just a bit more so you could curl them... so inspiring!!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Gorgeous card - Grace!!! The embossing looks wonderful!!! Enjoy your weekend with the grandchildren!!! Hugs ~S~

Stephanie said...

Grace, Your embossing is flawless!! Ever time I emboss, I always get it somewhere that I don't want it or accidently brush away a little powder from where it should be before I turn on the heat gun!

Love the scallop edge & your piercing - beautiful card :)

laos348 said...

I'm speechless - this card is gorgeous!

Angella D. Crockett said...

Wow, Grace! This is absolutely divine!!! Your embossing is perfect and love the piercing!!! Ooooh, I can't stop staring!!!

Dell said...

What a fantastic card! Have fun with those grandkids.

Gina Lindsay said...

This is just gorgeous, I love the decorative border. Just beautiful.

Mary said...

Beautiful card! Enjoy those grandkids!!

Kay said...

Another stunning card! You do such wonderful work, Grace, i really enjoy stopping by your blog - always find something neat!

Traci M said...

This is beautiful and love the way you framed up this hymn...it brings glory to God! Have a super time with your grandkids!

Stacy Morgan said...

Gorgeous Grace! The gold is so elegant.. gorgeous card.

Connie M. said...

This is just stunning, Grace! Love the beautiful gold with the wonderful DP!!

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

Oh my, Grace! Your card took my breath away!!! It is absolutely gorgeous!
Enjoy the grands!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wowzers Grace!! Is this ever gorgeous!! Love your decorative edge and the elegance of this beauty!!! Love everything about it!!

COngrats on winning the Midnight Madness Masterpiece award for MMSC10! You rock girl!!

Jennifer said...

Holy Cow, that's beautiful!!!

Jennifer

Kathy Jones said...

WOW Grace!!!! The gold is so stunning and has created a truly elegant card!!!

Valarie (vampme3) said...

Beautiful!! Love all the gold!!

Diane Noble said...

The flower cut outs are so striking on this card. The perfect touch.