Thursday, July 9, 2009

God is our Refuge and Strength

Hello everyone!

Wednesday nights after Church my husband has a long conference call with China and I generally go to my craft room to do a little playing. Last night I needed a quick masculine encouragement card so this is what I came up with.

I used "Keep my Lamp Burning" from Our Daily Bread Designs. The base is Bazzill textured, and the DP is K&Co. The main image is stamped in Memento Rich cocoa and sponged with Ranger Distress Inks in Scattered Straw, Frayed Burlap and Old Paper. The image is cut with a small scalloped rectangle die from Nestabilities and has two small eyelets attached, through which I passed some hemp (SU!) to attach to the card. For some reason the colors didn't take well this morning in the photo... all the colors have a rich golden tone from sponging except I left the lighthouse itself unsponged so that it stands out against the rest. Can't figure out the lighting this morning! LOL! So that's it for now! Have a blessed Thursday! Thanks for looking!
Photobucket

16 comments:

Riet said...

Ohhhh wowww Grace,what a beautiful card,l love the image and colour.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Stephanie said...

Hi Grace! Love the new signature (not sure how long you've had it, but I just noticed it :)

Gorgeous card - I really like how you sponged around the lighthouse...it does make it stand out! Also, love how you attached the sentiment :)

Cassie said...

This is gorgeous, yet very masculine! Love it ;D

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful, great masculine card.

Sabrina Jackson said...

Goodness, Grace this is absolutely amazing!!!! I love everything about this card and you even used one of my favorite DP's, gotta love Blue Awning, so very elegant!!! I ment to compliment you on your Blog outfit and that fun signature with the butterflies, are you creating all of this yourself? It is outstanding!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Deborah Saaranen said...

So very appealing Grace! The handsome color combo, along with this marvelous set, is fantastic!

Connie M. said...

This is just so beautiful, Grace...this makes such a wonderful masculine card! This is one of my favorite verses!

stampinganja said...

Beautiful masculine card!
Thanks for sharing, Anja

somethingcraftybydottie said...

OH Gracie this my Favorite of all of your work! I just love Lighthouses and collect them. you so very Gifted .
~God Bless ~
Hugs :o)
Dottie

Lovely Linda said...

Oh Grace, this is wonderful - I have to say I love this set and your card is stunning...love the colours and the sponging...your DP is perfect with it and the layout is so suited to this card! Perfect Grace!! Just Perfect!! God bless you my friend!! {{{HIGS}}}

Crystal said...

WOW GRACE this is sooooo amazingly BEAUTIFUL!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Grace - this is a perfect masculine card - what a beauty!!!
Love the colors and the twine you've added!!!

Believe it or not I bought this fab Set and I have not even inked it up once - what a shame!!! I think you've just inspired me to play with it!!! Thank you!!! Hugs ~S~

Gina Lindsay said...

This is so great, I love the colors and the different layers. I love the texture of the twine and the way it is looped through.

I left you something on my blog.

peggysue said...

The colors you chose look great in combination. This is a nice masculine card, I think you did a nice job combining texture and color and image.

Dawn B. said...

This is beautiful Grace. I love this set. I think it is my favorite ODB yet. I love the rustic feel to this card. The browns are so pretty. Great job.

The Mama Monkey said...

I love nautical sets and this is one of my favorites! Your card reminds me that we don't always have to color everything in to have a fabulous result! I love the shading of the images!