Friday, July 10, 2009

MMSC9 Little Sweet Pea

Hello everyone! I made this card for the MMSC9 found here. Isn't this just the sweetest image? This image was a RAK from Harriet (hskelley on SCS). Thanks so much Harriet! I love it!

I decided to do some practicing with my Copics on this image and I think I'm beginning to get it... it does take practice for sure! I followed the sketch to the tee, using a Bazzill Textured base and DP from BasicGrey's Euphoria. The sentiment is stamped on a Nestabilities ribbon tag trio die cut and attached with some grossgrain from my stash. The ribbon tabs are attached with tiny pink flower brads and I pierced little circles between each tab. The image is sparkled up with a Sakura Clear Glitter Gel Pen, but you can't see it in the photo.

Here are the Copic colors I used:
Skin: YR00, YR61, E00
Jeans: BG000, B21, B23
Hair: Y21, Y23, Y26, Y28
Shirt: RV000, RV32, RV34
Flowers: RV000, RV32, V12
Basket: E31, E33, E37
Kitty: N2, N4
Leaves and Grass: G21, G24
Halo: BG000

I still don't have the complete sequences of numbers they recommend for good blending, so I have to make do, but I was pleased with how these worked for me, with only a few trouble spots along the way. Hopefully soon I'll have all the colors I really need and can do a better job!

Thanks for looking today! Have a wonderful weekend!

Today I am off to see my little Sweet Pea! This looks just like her... blonde, barefoot, and loving flowers!!! When she left Gramma's house last time she was so sad to be leaving she threw her arms around my waist and cried. I took her out to my flower garden and let her pick some of my prettiest blooms to take home with her... wrapped in wet paper towels and aluminum foil. That put a smile back on her sweet little face! Love you Lauren!!!
Photobucket

23 comments:

Crystal said...

Grace this is soooo lovely and precious. I love your ribbon treatment, and the pierced circles...beautiful creation!!

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Grace,l love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers and details.

Hugs Riet.x

Rosietoes said...

Totally gorgeous card Grace. I don't know about attempting doing a better job, I think you have done it superbly.
How sweet of you to let Lauren take a little bit of Gramma's garden home with her. :)
Edna x

somethingcraftybydottie said...

Oh Grace how very Beautiful this card is one of the best ever the design is so sweet shows so very much love the colors are GREAT love the pinks and Blues and the ribbon & the little stars just finishes it of perfectly What a outstanding Job! Will be back as you know to see what other spectacular thing you design.
~ God Bless ~
Hugs :o)
♥ ♥ ♥
Dottie

Connie M. said...

Awww! This is just too sweet, Grace! Great job with this sketch!

Carolyn said...

That is so precious. What a great job. Thank you so much for playing with us this week at the MMSC. Hope you will play again next week.

Carolyn, MMDT member
http://creativecardcorner.blogspot.com/

JazzyH said...

Sweet card!

Lovely Linda said...

Just gorgeous Grace (and the card too!) Love this image and you have made her look so adorable! Love your interpretation of the MMSC - way to go Grace!! Your work is always waonderfuly - another masterpiece!! Enjoy your grandkids - all care and no respinsibility!! YAY!! God bless you my friend {{{HUGS}}}

Dawn B. said...

This is adorable Grace. I am sure that you will have a terrific time. SO glad you guys are so much closer logistically. I love this image. I think it is so sweet. Have a fun and safe weekend.

Sabrina Jackson said...

Oh my goodness, Grace!!!! This card is so absolutely amazing!! I love, love, love the coloring!!!! It is GORGEOUS!!!!! Thank you also for leaving such a sweet comment on my DD card. When I showed it to her she was very happy!!! She also said "Wow, Mommy, who made this card? It is so very pretty" as I was looking at your latest creation. You are blowing me away with your creativity!! Hugs and blessing, Sabrina

Silke Ledlow said...

So precious!!! I love the Sarah Kay images too and you've made this one look amazing!!! Your coloring rocks!!! Hugs ~S~

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

I think the coloring is perfect and of course I am a fan of that stamp - very nice!!! Cute story for your granddaughter too, hope you had a nice visit!!!


Thanks for playing at Midnight madness, see you next week!

Jane, MMDT member

scrapperjulia said...

This is so beautiful Grace!Love how you colored her, great card!

Susan Powers said...

When I first saw this card before reading any of your words below, I thought right away that this reminded me of Lauren. I love it! You should make her one and frame it to put on her dresser or something. Super cute! As always Grace, you do an outstanding job. I love seeing what you have every few days to share with us.

Stephanie said...

Grace - You did a FANTASTIC job coloring with your copics!! I don't have a full sequence yet, either - I have one set of 72 and I'm **trying** to save up for the other set.

The paper piercing between the ribbons is too clever! Great card :)

Priscilla said...

Hello Grace :) as always your creations are fantastic. This one is adorable and I love the clean lines with those wonderful ribbons. Thanks for playing the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenges.

p.s. check out the BLOG CANDY I just posted :)

Priscilla :)

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

Grace, totally awesome card! so very sweet, love how you put circles between the ribbon. Always a pleasure to come by your page. Thanks for playing with us this week, xox ~Jeni

Kelly said...

What a sweet card for the MMSC#9. Love the stamps and the colors are beautiful together.Thanks for sharing your wonderful talents

Gina Lindsay said...

I love the ribbons with the little brads. Such a sweet little card.

Michelle's Daydreams said...

Gorgeous! Gorgeous! Gorgeous! I love this! :)

Kathy Jones said...

TOTALLY sweet Grace!!! Beautiful colours, adorable image - I really love what you did with this sketch!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Grace! Love that image and those colors! Stunning!

katiesniche said...

She is so adorable! I love how you put this card together. The colors and all the touches...the ribbon/brads, it's all so pretty.