Thursday, July 2, 2009

MMSC8 and HM# 44

Hello everyone!

I got to play a bit this week and combined the House Mouse Challenge #44 (to use Paper Tole) with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge 8. I love these sketches! Here is a link to the sketch this week.

This one is soooooo not my typical style! LOL! I tend more to the lightly elegant... not fussy but just classy. Well, this Basic Grey Euphoria is pretty busy! But you know... I like it and since our Church is in need of cards for kids and teens I thought this might be perfect for that!

My Happy Hopper is from Stampabilities and is called "It's a Party". I stamped with Stazon Jet Black and colored with Prisma Pencils and blended with Odor Free Mineral Spirits. I stamped the image a second time and cut out the hat and cake for the tole challenge. The circle element to the sketch is a Nesties Blossom cut from Cool Caribbean cs. The base of the card is Purely Pomegranate. The DP is BasicGrey Euphoria. The flowers are from K&Co. I added Stickles to the frosting.

I had fun with this one. If you haven't played the Midnight Madness Sketch yet... try it... you'll like it!!! There is a link in my Right Side Bar that will take you right to it. If you link your card by Sunday night you'll be entered in a drawing for some great prizes!!!

I hope you all had fun on yesterday's Our Daily Bread Designs Blog Hop! I know we all had a blast!!

I have a ton going on this weekend and lots of company coming... I hope you all have a great weekend! Happy 4th of July to all my American friends!!!


Photobucket

27 comments:

Stephanie said...

fun card, Grace! enjoy the festivities this weekend! can't wait for the fireworks!!

Crystal said...

Soooo darling Grace!!! Have a happy 4th!!!

Priscilla said...

Well hellooooo Grace :) what a pleasure it is to click on your name. Your card is just tooooo dang cute!!! I LOVE those flowers...and your 3d hat just finish off. Well done with the sketch..I know it was a wild one.Thank you so much for playing and hope to see you again next week.

Stacy Morgan said...

so very cute! Great birthday card.

theneon said...

Happy, happy card. Love how you put this one together. The cake looks good enough to eat!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

HI Grace! I am trying to stop at each of the breadsticks before we leave on vacation. I hope you have a great holiday weekend!!

Your house mouse is just too cute!! Gorgeous coloring!! Yummy!!! What an awesome job with the Midnight Madness Sketch!!!

hugs,
Chris

scrapperjulia said...

THis is a really fun card! Love the colors, great card!

Gina Lindsay said...

It is different from your normal style, but you did great, love the colors and patterns. Your coloring on the HM is perfect.

Valerie said...

Yummy! He looks like he is enjoying that cake... Love your card.

Shirley said...

This is adorable, Grace! You are really gifted with talent.

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Grace,l love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Michelle's Daydreams said...

Oh yes! I love this! He is such a cutie enjoying his cake!

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

Grace, this card is so fun! Great job on bringing all the colors together, best ~Jeni

Carolyn said...

This is just the cutest, bright and cheerful card ever!

Thank you so much for playing with us at the MMSC this week!

Carolyn, MMDT member
http://creativecardcorner.blogspot.com/

Sue from Oregon said...

What a fun and colorful card!

peggysue said...

Cute little bunny! I like that Basic Grey paper too, and you used it so well with this image. Have a great holiday dearie!

Kathy Jones said...

Grace this is adorable!!!! Even though it's not your usual style, you've done a fabulous job with it!!!

laos348 said...

Such a fun card - super cute!

Cat said...

What a cute card! I love the colors!

Mary said...

Adorable! Such a happy card for a birthday celebration!

Becky said...

Well, well, you did a fabulous job with the HM challenge. This is one busy and gorgeous card.

JazzyH said...

I love how used the sketch

Dawn B. said...

Such a cute card Grace. I love this layout. What a super way to finish off your week. I am hoping you had a great weekend.
P.S. It took me forever to leave a comment. I kept clicking but it would not let me into the comment section. Ugh... Anyway. Great job.

Dell said...

What a happy card! As always you amaze us with your stunning designs!

Sue McMahon said...

Hello Grace. I've admired your work on SCS for some time now but have not visited your blog before. Did you take the picture on the left of the sunset over the river??? OMG!!! That is amazingly beautiful. God never ceases to amaze me!

I love House Mouse too! Great take on our sketch this week! Thanks for playing with us and can't wait to see what you make next week!

Sue
MMDT Member
http://mcmahonfive.blogspot.com/

kat9 said...

Wonderful birthday bunny Grace. I love the colors and your coloring is great.

Angella D. Crockett said...

Too adorable! such a fun card!