Monday, July 27, 2009

Quilled Happy Birthday

Hello everyone! I hope your week is off to a great start! We took our Grand Kids back yesterday and wow is my house quiet today! I'm a little lost! After I did loads upon loads of laundry and housework, I got into my craft room and made a couple cards. This card is for this week's OCCC and also for today's TLC on SCS .... to use quilling on our card.

The set I used today is a new, soon to be released Our Daily Bread designs set called Happy Birthday. I just LOVE this floral watering can... so fun to color! I stamped the image and sentiment with Memento ink and colored with Copics. I then used numerous glitter pens to give it a shimmer. It's a dark day and this inside photo does not show that, but it's there.

My paper is basic black for the base, then layers of BasicGrey Lemonade. I thought the checks reminded me of picnics in summer. My quilled flowers are actually a RAK from my friend MariLynn, who sent these to me along with some of her fantastic hand made pearls! I added some stickles to the outter petals. I didn't want to be a cheater though, so I did quill the little green swirls that I added between the flowers. Don't laught... it's my first attempt at quilling!!! Hopefully I'll get better with time! LOL!

My out of the box image was done by cutting out the end of the water spout before running the nestie through the Big Shot, and I just pushed it to the back side of the die so it would not be cut out. That's about it for this one... hope you like it and I thank you for taking the time to stop by! Have a great week!
Photobucket

24 comments:

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Grace this is sooooo beautiful! Don't you just love this set?! And great job quilling!

Anonymous said...

The quilling is the perfect touch to the card. The image looks like it would be fun to colour.

Diane Noble said...

Girlfriend, I hate to confess how far behind on your blog I really am. But I'm starting tonight, and catching up, cuz I don't want to miss a single creation of yours. This is simply beautiful. Love the quilling. It has been YEARS since I did any. The last time was when my grandmother and I creating some little things with it. WOW...a LONG time ago! Love it. I'm gonna browse now....

Gloria Dojlido said...

Beautifully done Grace!

Silke Ledlow said...

Grace - your take on the OCC Sketch is simply beautiful!!! The paper quilling looks wonderful too!!!

Thank you for playing along with us :)!!! Hugs ~S~

Stephanie said...

Love the layout Grace and those quilled flowers...I saw the challenge on SCS and chickened out :) I might have to build up some courage after seeing these!!

Joanne Travis said...

Your quilling is a perfect compliment to the fabulous image and layout! So pretty.

Stacy Morgan said...

Very springy and pretty Grace. Wonderful card.

Becky said...

This is beautiful, I love your quilled flowers, they are just stunning.

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Grace,i love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

theneon said...

This is a beautiful card -- nice job indeed!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is absolutely stunning my dear friend!! I love your colors and your use of the sketch!! Gorgeous coloring and design!! Beautiful!
hugs,
Chris

The Mama Monkey said...

This is gorgeous! Love the coloring on that water can, as well as your quilling! It looks great to me...I would hate to see what my attempt might look like!!

laos348 said...

So pretty - great job on the quilling - those flowers look fabulous.

Betty Wright said...

Beautiful, Grace!!! Your coloring is stunning and I LOVE the quilled flowers!!!! Lovely card!!!

somethingcraftybydottie said...

Good Morning Grace:
You did a Fantastic job on this card, the colors are wonderful and bright it is truly a "Happy card" I just love everything you did with it you have a God Given Talent.
Have a wonderful week.
~God Bless
Hugs :o)
♥ ♥ ♥
Dottie

Laurie said...

Oh, Grace, what a delicately beautiful card! I've never been brave enough to try quilling but I sure do love the look of it.

Connie M. said...

This is just so beautiful, Grace...love the papers with this image, and those flowers are stunning!

CraftyC said...

This is so pretty Grace, a lovely card!
Clairex

Becky said...

Hi Grace, I know you are a busy lady but when you have time stop by, I have something for you. You have been a blessing to me.

Ramona said...

That card is awesome. I have a couple friends who quill. They ahve offered to teach me but it seems like a lot of trouble for such a little thing. Now that I have seen this card...who knows!

peggysue said...

Such cute paper, and what a lot of work to do the quilling, but it adds such a nice touch.

Jennifer Meyer said...

WOW Grace your design is stunning! I LOVE all of the gold accents and beautiful tag as the centerpiece!

Thanks for playing along with the OCC! Hugs, Jennifer :)

Angie Z ~ Duckwaddlequack said...

So very beautiful Grace!! Lovely coloring and the quilling is so sweet!