Wednesday, April 3, 2013

A Hymn, A Collage, A Challenge!






Hello my friends!  I have another new release to share with you.  This card is made using Our Daily Bread designs Hymn Collage, and Not Forgotten.  I played in this week's color challenge on SCS, which was to use Real Red, So Saffron and Pool Party, and any neutrals.  I came as close as I could.  I stamped my image with Memento ink and colored with Copics, coloring the flowers twice so I could pop them up and give some extra dimension to them.  I also added Black Diamond Stickles to the centers for some sparkle and texture.  I sponged the entire card which started out cream, with THoltz Distress ink in Scattered Straw. I distressed my edges with scissors, and inked some more.  I then used my craft blade to open a slit along the lower banner where I could insert my two sentiments from the Not Forgotten set, and I cut one tag with the ODBD Custom Recipe and Tags Die.



I can remember singing this hymn a lot as a kid.  I miss singing some of the old hymns!  I think this new stamp could have many great uses, whether for a service man or woman, or as way of encouragement to someone who IS fighting the good fight, and may be suffering for it....and it's a great reminder that as Christians we need to clad ourselves in the full armor of God and be on our guard, for our enemy prowls about seeking who he may devour.  If we are not alert, we can easily be sucked in to  the temptations of this world... but God has given us all we need to stand firm!  He has already won the victory... so we need to claim what's ours in Him!  I hope that encourages you today!

 I am entering this in  Word Art Wednesday- Scripture and/or inspiration (free word Art each week)

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I love knowing you were here!

Blessings,


11 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What stunning piece of art Grace - and yes, I love the old hymns too - they have so many great teachings in them that are so sound.
Blessings
Maxine

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Grace! Beautiful colors and design with the stamps! Hope you are well! Hugs!

Conniecrafter said...

So pretty, love the inking and colors, neat idea on tucking the sentiment and verse, I too remember singing this song alot when I was young!

Lana said...

Grace this is stunning I can see it adhered to a canvas as wall art after it's use as a card Wow it is fabulous!!!! I have been a follower of yours for a long time now but have never left a comment I know shame on me LOL it's not because of your art work lacking anything for sure because your Art work is always breath taking as are your postings with such words of great wisdom!! Thank you for all you do for us out in blog land! Hugs and blessings to you !!

Brenda (LadyofCards) said...

As always, beautiful card.
Thank you for the words of encouragement. I too remember singing that song as a child. When I first saw the stamp, I could hear it being sung in my head. I miss those old Hymns.
Thank you.
Hugs 'N Blessings

Janis Cox said...

Hi,
So good to meet you. I am following you from Word art Wednesday.
Beautiful design.
Blessings,
Janis Cox author of Tadeo Turtle www.janiscox.com

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a gorgeous card Grace!! I just love your rich color scheme, the yellow background that makes it look antique, and your corners!! Stunning use of Onward Christian Soldiers!!
hugs,
Chris

Judy said...

What a stunning creation. Love the detailed design and your coloring is awesome.

xo

Unknown said...

Grace,
I miss the old Hymns, why were they retired, most of them are God's word set to music? The card is such a call to fight the good fight of faith.
Thank you for sharing your wonderful artwork with us this week.
Carole Robb Bisson
Word Art Wednesday
The Blessing of the LORD be Upon You!

action. No room for self pity etc when

Karen Letchworth said...

Hello, my sweet crafty friend. Hope this finds you well. I always SO greatly enjoy stopping by your blog to see your delightful creations. This is an amazing card, and I really am enjoying the color combination. Your art is always a blessing to me, and brings me joy as I praise our precious Savior for giving His Word for us to create with. It blesses me again and again, and I appreciate your creative use of it. Hope that you are being blessed as you create. Thanks for stopping by, and may God bless your week!
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Only By His Grace said...

A beautiful card Grace. thank you for the reminder. 'fight the good fight of faith'
I love the colours on this card.
beautiful always.
hugs maz