Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Blue Morning Glories

Our Daily Bread designs stamps, Morning Glory, Quatrefoil Pattern Die, designed by Grace Nywening
Hello my friends!  If you love morning glories as much as I do, you are loving this new set from Our Daily Bread designs!  It's called Morning Glory, and it has some wonderful sentiments and verses to fit in the sweet little post card of the image. I cut this image with SB Labels 26, which it was custom made to fit.   This brings back so many memories for me, as my Grandfather always planted blue morning glories on the back fence of his house in R.I.  While vegetable gardening was much more "his thing", every year those morning glories captured my heart.  I have matted my image with SB Labels One and inside I have used a gorgeous die also just released this month, Quatrefoil Pattern.  This is a beautiful A2 sized die which makes a beautiful card all by itself, but it also looks pretty on any card stock to pop your background a bit.  This was cut out of white card stock and then cut with the SB Labels One.  The base of this card is the pretty Grand Decorative Labels One by SB. The image is colored with Copics.  The sheer ribbon is May Arts and I added some blue bling to finish it off.

Here are the ODBD products I used:







I hope you have enjoyed my card as much as I enjoyed creating it and remembering someone very special to me!

I am entering this in this week's Shining the Light Challenge - anything but classic square/ rectangles.
 The Crafty Bloggers Network:  Challenge #10 by Rick St. Dennis, anything goes.Artistic Inspirations:  Challenge #36 - Anything Goes, Word Art Wednesday- any Scripture or encouraging sentiment... be sure to stop by and check out their weekly free word art... it's always a blessing!

Blessings, 

11 comments:

Carla S. said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Grace!

Riet said...

What a beautiful card.

Hugs Riet.xx

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This card is stunning Grace!! One of my faves this month!! Your choice of blue, your layering and your use of the quatrefoil die paired with your stunning shading and coloring on the morning glories is gorgeous!!!
Thanks for making a sample for the Shining the Light challenge my friend!!

TTYT!!
hugs,
Chris

Gretchen Wilson said...

Oh how beautiful Grace, just love the design of it and the coloring is wonderful, I really need to practice with my Copics, You make it all just pop.

Karen Letchworth said...

This is just fabulous, Grace. I had seen it on ODBD's blog, and I'm so blessed that you've also shared it in our challenge. May God bless your week with His goodness and His love.
Hugs,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Sylvia said...

Fabulous card, love the colours, image and beautiful ribbon. Thank you for joining us for the Crafty Bloggers Network Challenge.

Sylvia (DT)

kiwimeskreations said...

Grace this is beautiful - love all the textures you have included and the glorious blue morning glories.
Blessings
Maxine

Unknown said...

My Grandfather always planted blue morning glories. This card is layer upon layer of pure lovliness.
Thank you for sharing your wonderful artwork with us this week.
Blessings, Carole Robb Bisson
Word Art Wednesday

Cards By Jan said...

Wow Grace!! Another masterpiece...such beautiful colours!!
Hugs

Patricia said...

Beautiful image, die-cut and card. Thanks for joining us at Artistic Inspirations this week.

Anonymous said...

GRACE YOUR CARD IS BEAUTIFUL, SO VERY BEAUTIFUL.. CAN YOU TELL ME HOW YOU MADE THE ACTUALLY WHITE MAIN CARD ITSELF...IS IT A DIE THAT YOU CAN BUY IN ENGLAND, WEST MIDLANDS??? . IT HAS STUNNING EDGES BEFORE YOU EVEN START THE CARD. THANKING YOU IN ANTICIPATION ELAINE MACFARLANE X X