Monday, April 15, 2013

A little something fun!


Today I have something just fun to share with you.  I made an ornament using the Quatrefoil Design Die from Our Daily Bread designs.  All  I did to create this was die cut the Quatrefoil Design 5 times from white card stock. I also cut a length of gold cord long enough to pass through my beads at the bottom and to pass up to the top, where I tied it in a knot.  I folded each panel in half, and then  I used TomBow Metal Glue to to adhere each half to another half panel, while carefully keeping my gold cord in the center.  This glue will stick fast and hold tight, and it's a bit thicker than most, so you can run a very thin bead of it without having it ooze out when pressed together.  I love it for delicate work!  After adhereing all my panels together, I added a May Arts bow and tiny rose bud. to two sides so no matter what direction you see it from, you will see a pretty bow.  So quick and easy, but I think it would be a lovely little gift for a shut in or for a shower, just to name a couple possibilities.  I hope in some way you might be inspired to give it a try!



Blessings,

9 comments:

Carla S. said...

Beautiful ornament, Grace! It's so pretty and elegant! Hugs!

Basslady said...

dear grace, this is so classy and elegant! thanx for the wonderful inspiration!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

JD/ Jill said...

Pretty! Great idea...tfs...

BEARKIS said...

So beautiful and elegant ornament!!!

Riet said...

This is so beautiful.

Hugs Riet.xx

wannabcre8tive said...

A very beautiful ornament.

kiwimeskreations said...

This is gorgeous Grace - love the bow and rose finish to it.
Blessings
Maxine

Patti J said...

Beautifully done Grace, and such a great idea! Thanks for the inspiration!

Clare Curcio said...

This is so sweet and pretty!