Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Beautiful Wishes for a Beautiful day with hand made flowers!

ODBD stamps: Sentiments collection2, Spellbinders Create an Iris die, designed by Grace Nywening

Hello friends!  I hope you are enjoying a wonderful week!  

Today I'm sharing a card I made for one of the challenges on SCS going on this week.  The challenge was to make your own flower.  I just got the Spellbinders Create an Iris die a little while ago and had to play along.  So this little card is just 4 x 4 but packs a punch I think.  The Iris was made starting out with very light lavender card stock, die cutting the pieces, coloring first with a white gel pen, then with Copics, and sponging the edges.  I used a sentiment from the ODBD Sentiment Collection 2, and cut it with a Spellbinders Decorative Labels 34. The little yellow flowers are made with a Martha Stewart punch and have little pearls in the center.  The flourish is from the ODBD Fancy Foliage die set.  

Here's today's blessing from the Word:

Ps 100:5
The Lord is good and His love endures forever.

I'm so thankful for His goodness... it is His very nature and that will never change, no matter how bad we are, no matter how bad things around us seem... He remains good, and His love endures forever. 

4 comments:

Irish Cherokee said...

Hello my friend. Your skill with die cuts never ceases to amaze me. The flowers are just like they came from the garden. I have many iris types in my yard including the Japanese style. Love your card. - Jim

Unknown said...

What a beauty!! I saw it come through my feed today on Pinterest and pinned it to my board. Just lovely and the flowers look so real. Blessings, Sherrie

Becky said...

wow Grace, this is just stunning. That Iris looks so real.

kiwimeskreations said...

I thought that iris was 'real' at first glance - Grace this is magnificent!
Blessings
Maxine