Friday, August 15, 2014

Looking back at the ODBD August release

ODBD Stamps: My Lifeguard, Anchor the Soul, designed by Grace Nywening'

Hello friends!

Today we are taking a look back at the Aug. release at ODBD!  If you'd like to see all the inspiration in one place you can pop over to the ODBD Blog.

I created this double display card, making it almost like a double gate fold card.  When folded up, all three framed panels line up with each other.  All the stamped images are done with VersaMark and white heat embossed. The two side panels are stamped on vellum so you can just lightly see through them.  I framed them with Spellbinders Marvelous Squares.  The sentiment and the Life guard station are from the My Lifeguard Set, and the Anchor image is from Anchor the Soul.  All the designer paper on this card is from the ODBD Christian Faith Paper Collection I used the papers that have the image from The Mighty Sea and in the background the sheet music to It is Well With My Soul. In case you missed it.... you can now buy Card Kits from the ODBD Store. The double display is one of them.  I used a Bordering Blue Base for mine, as I did not have any of the card kits, but if you like this style card, it as well as many other fancy folds are available already cut and scored for you!

Here are the products I used:


 
CHRISTIAN FAITH COLLECTION 6x6 PAPER PAD

 
Thank you so much for stopping by, and for your encouraging comments!  I can't tell you just how much a little comment means to those of us who blog! :)

To see the inspiration from the rest of the team, please visit my dt sisters:

Julie * Cathy * Paula * Grace * Chris * Lori * Dawn * Sandee * Wanda * Stacy

Thanks so much for stopping by and your lovely comments mean so much to me!  

Blessings, 



8 comments:

niki1 said...

Lovely card !
I love the stamps and P paper you used !
Greetings from Belgium,
Monique ( niki1 )

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a stunning double display Grace!! I love the different tones of blue with the white embossing and framing!! Gorgeous design with the dp too!! Gorgeous my friend!! HUGS!

Chana Malkah said...

Grace, this is just stunning! We are featuring you on our Facebook page today! facebook.com/avenue613
Hugz,
Chana, Owner
613 Avenue Create Challenge Blog

Cathymac said...

WOWSERS, Grace! This is a gorgeous double display card! The papers are so beautiful and I love the white embossed images so perfectly framed! Fabulous design! Hugs!

kiwimeskreations said...

Stunning card Grace - love the white and blue colour scheme and the folds.
Blessings
Maxine

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Beautiful, Grace! Love the monochromatic color scheme and the beautiful embossing & framing.

SarahGeorge said...

What a lovely card Grace. You always leave me in awe! :)

Irish Cherokee said...

WOW! I have no idea where to start other that to say this is a beauty. Very elaborate and fantastic. - Jim