Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Hugs from the Shore!

ODBD stamps, Ocean Treasures, designed by Grace Nywening

 Hello friends!  I hope you are all doing well!

I'm poppng in with a quick card to share.  For this card I used this gorgeous shimmery design paper from s.e.i. and used that for all the decisions made on the rest of the card.  I stamped the gorgeous sand dollar image from Ocean Treasures with Colorbox Robins Egg Pigment ink and heat embossed with Diamonds & Pearls.  I sponged the edges with Colorbox Lemon Grass to pick up the outline colors of the shells on the dp.

I used last month's release from ODBD to make my banner.  I used the Pennant Swag Alphabet to stamp the letter, and punched them out with a 1/4" circle EK Success punch.  I die cut the banner from white card stock, using the Custom Pennant Swag Die. I used some of the little patterned pennant stamps from the same alpha set and stamped with Robins Egg, then cut out and assembled the banner.  Little buttons were placed at the ends of the banner.  This was for several of the DTGD challenges on SCS... including the sketch, which I thought was very fun.  I have fallen in love with this sand dollar!!!  I have several ideas I want to do with it, but not sure if I have enough time to do them all! :)  

Well that's it for me today!  I hope you have a wonderful day!!!

Today's Blessing from the Word:

"God has said, 'Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."
Heb. 13:5


9 comments:

Robin Clendenning said...

Gorgeous Grace!! I love the shimmery paper and your dollar!! Love those colors too!

Pamela Haskin said...

So pretty! I especially like your green and blue color combo. So sparkly!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is so sparkly with the embossed background and embossed sand dollar!! Gorgeous design with the fun pennants too!!!
hugs,
Chris

Pat (mspfd) said...

Grace this is breathtaking! What gorgeous DSP; and you did a fantastic job coloring and heat embossing the sand dollar image to match. Beautiful work!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Grace, this is stunning!! What a gorgeous paper as a starting point, and I LOVE how you've added the beautiful embossed sand dollar and the wonderful pennant swag banner in the corner anchored by those sweet buttons! What a beautiful card!! Hugs, precious friend!

kiwimeskreations said...

Grace I love how you have embossed these images so beautifully, and that banner is perfect! lovely card.
Blessings
Maxine

SarahGeorge said...

Grace, this is AMAZING!!!. The designer paper is gorgeous!!.

wannabcre8tive said...

So pretty, I love the colors.

Irish Cherokee said...

A exquisite card. Love the glitter and shine. How appropriate to use the symbol of Christs birth, death and resurrection.
Worthy of hugs indeed. - Jim